Aarrgghh! Phone just got put in the washing machine, any ideas? - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

Aarrgghh! Phone just got put in the washing machine, any ideas?

beverley1403 Avatar
7y, 4m agoPosted 7 years, 4 months ago
Anyway it can be fixed? I've just taken the battery and sim card out, now just put it by the window to dry.
Has anybody managed to fix their's after it got wet?
Cheers.
beverley1403 Avatar
7y, 4m agoPosted 7 years, 4 months ago
Options

All Comments

(22) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
#1
What phone ?
#2
Hairdryer.....faster and less damage
#3
choc1969;5792684
Hairdryer.....faster and less damage

^^ This

Or just put it in an airing cupboard for a few days.
#4
Mine have always been unusable once they have been wet :( Sorry honey x x
#5
ClarityofMind
Mine have always been unusable once they have been wet :( Sorry honey x x


and what about your phones? :-D



(sorry, wrong thread :oops:)
#6
gadget show on channel 5 did a test on lots of different mobiles . when they get wet best way is to take out the battery and let the phone dry naturally , dont try to turn phone until its dry
#7
ps good luck x
#8
I read somewhere that if you take out the battery and put the phone into a bowl of uncooked rice it apparently dries the phone out as the rice soaks up the water. :)
#9
livingthelife07
I read somewhere that if you take out the battery and put the phone into a bowl of uncooked rice it apparently dries the phone out as the rice soaks up the water. :)


Basmati or long grain:-D
#11
Its my dads Sony Ericsson W850i.
My friend dropped hers in a pint once at a house party and decided to put it in a sock in the tumble dryer (seamed like a good idea when you've had a few!) funny thing is it worked! Not sure I'll do that tho.
Thanks for the suggestions.
#12
junkenstein73
Basmati or long grain:-D


Short grain You pudding ..
#13
I've heard of hitting it with a hammer might work:whistling:
#14
grex9101
and what about your phones? :-D



(sorry, wrong thread :oops:)


:giggle:

The other stuff benefits from being slippery ;-)

Hi hon x x
#15
livingthelife07
I read somewhere that if you take out the battery and put the phone into a bowl of uncooked rice it apparently dries the phone out as the rice soaks up the water. :)


Read the same thing.http://sclipo.com/videos/view/how-to-dry-out-a-wet-telephone-with-rice
#16
If you've tried to turn it on, it's probably too late. As has been mentioned, dismantle it as much as you can, resisting the temptation to turn it on, and leave it to dry thoroughly. When dry, you can then try and turn it on
#17
Yeah I haven't turned it on, made that mistake when I dropped my phone down the toilet. I've tried the sim card in another phone so at least hes still got his numbers. After watching that video on youtube I've put it under a desk lamp. Hopefully it will work if he leaves it 24 hours.
#18
Even if it does work for a while, the long term scenario is not good. Circuit boards etc do not like getting wet and connections on them etc will degrade.

You won't get any help from your provider either, I'm afraid, as there are wetness detectors in most phones and it will be obvious to them that it has got wet.
#19
spray with WD-40, trust me it works, i dropped mine down toilet and its made a full recovery, took about a week though lol
#20
Mine ended up in the washing up bowl last night, son turned it straight on but the picture was funny, i left it out dismantled for the night and just tried again and its working fine now, so fingers crossed for you,
#21
junkenstein73
What phone ?


+1
#22
meshosa
+1


beverley1403
Its my dads Sony Ericsson W850i.
My friend dropped hers in a pint once at a house party and decided to put it in a sock in the tumble dryer (seamed like a good idea when you've had a few!) funny thing is it worked! Not sure I'll do that tho.
Thanks for the suggestions.


I let it dry out and its working fine, the only problem is that a red light on the side of the phone stayes on all the time. Its not a major problem and he'll have to learn to live with it as long as the phone lasts.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!