abandoned car - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

abandoned car

RadialOne Avatar
6y, 8m agoPosted 6 years, 8 months ago
I live in a block of flats in a private estate and in the car park there is a car that has been sitting there for about to years. I had thought that it was one of the current residents but it turns out that it was a tenant who lived in the block over 2 years ago. The tax has expired by about 18 months but it is actually parked off the road. Is there any way of getting it moved??
RadialOne Avatar
6y, 8m agoPosted 6 years, 8 months ago

All Comments

(13) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Call the owners of the land it is on.
The local council department will also help......
But as the post above said, your local friendly Bobby would be the best place to start....

Call the owners of the land it is on.

Ooooh arrrrrr "Get off my Land!!" :whistling:
This might help!


I know its on a private estate but it may still be possible they could take the car if the tax is that old!
Am i bad to say to push it on the road and give the council a call!

Previous owner should have some fine for doing that. Maybe find him and give him a ring first. It will only cost him £20 to get someone to take it away and scrap it.
I will try the police and council see if they can help. I had thought of moving it on the road but would need to smash the windows and i think the brakes could have siezed up
Report it to the council. I did this once at a block of flats. A notice appeared on the car the next day giving the owner 24 hours to move it. A day later it had been towed away!
I used an online form to report it to the council.
Sling it on Ebay as "spare and repairs, buyer collects (on flatback) and keys are lost".*

*please note I am f'ing kidding!
I live on a private estate, anyone know what ....

okay above link answered it
"If the vehicle has been abandoned on a road, including private roads and estates the council will remove the vehicle."

Also notice that the owner can accept ownership of it in which case it doesn't get scraped because you don't need tax on private land?
cheers for your help guys. I have spoken to my local police office and they told me that if I give them the details of the car then they will pass it on to DVLA who will come and colect it.
Apply to DVLA for V5 and then sell the thing... check on the DVLA site for the form you need.
Apply to DVLA for V5 and then sell the thing... check on the DVLA site for the form you need.


this is the form, costs £25 though and if they get hold of the original owner and says no I haven't sold it you lose your money.

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!