Here's what happened
- I ordered an SSD and some other items totaling £100~
- Last Friday I am in the house all day, I accept a Royal Mail delivery at 11:35AM. Friday night I check my Amazon account and it says the SSD etc have been delivered today, to Natalie (me) at 12:30PM
- I contact Amazon CS via webchat on Friday, they tell me this is a technical issue and not to worry, and to check back in 48hrs.
- I contact them again on Sunday, and they say it has been delivered and they have a signature, but will not say to who, or where. They advise me to wait another 48h.
- I contact them again and they say that they will not be refunding or replacing the items and will need a police report
- I call the police station and ask for a report, they give me a crime reference number. I ask about the report (as Amazon say they need it), the policeman says he has been doing this for 27 years and that they just need the crime reference number.
- I send the crime reference number to Amazon. Amazon say they need the police report.
- I contact the police again, they say that if Amazon want a report they will have to pay for it (?).
So basically I am now £100 down and having to reorder my Christmas presents. Please can anyone advise me?