I have been with Virgin since December, the up to 8 meg service. From day 1 - it was obvious I was not gonna get anywhere near 8 meg - was (and still am) getting more like 300k connection.
Decided in January to move to a to a 2 meg connection which should have taken 5-7 days. Chased it over and over, being told that BT were having problems and there was nothing more they could do!!!! :x
Well, today I rang up customer services and have managed to be released from my contract without any charges!!! :thumbsup:
The problem i'm faced with now is, I don't know which ISP to go with??
Was with Tiscali prior to Virgin, so don't really want to go back there (service was excellent for 12 months on their 2 meg service until we registered our interest in 8 meg - it then went down the toilet!)
Sky is an option (cheap too) - but will moving to them with a mac code give me exactly the same problems?
Do I need to move to an ISP NOT on an 8 meg service and can I do that with a mac code?