Calling any plumbers - radiator fixings - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

Calling any plumbers - radiator fixings

goldmax Avatar
banned6y, 9m agoPosted 6 years, 9 months ago
in our new build house the plumbers have used self drilling plasterboard fixings for heavy oversized radiators, when I apply slight pressure the rads come loose so I'm well angry, what fixings should they have used on stud and drylined walls, they must be dense if they think this is acceptable, feel like ramming some copper pipe where it might hurt!!
goldmax Avatar
banned6y, 9m agoPosted 6 years, 9 months ago

All Comments

(4) Jump to unreadPost a comment
hallow wall fixings or if rad has come off fix a wood or mdf pattress to wall first then fit rad brackets
o/h says spring toggles...they open at the back of the plasterboard
I'm in a new build home and they're literally falling over themselves to correct, repair, replace anything not quite right. Have you done a snagging list? Are they members of the NHBC? We've been given a survey to fill in on our home from them and the home builder is itching to get full marks on it so there's a bit of leverage too.
thanks for help, I will speak to main builders about it, they contracted work to plumbers, we are not yet in the house and still owe stage payment so have the ace card

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!