Ok so lease deals are a contentious issue on HUKD. Plenty of people swear buying £5k cars is the way to do it. Others think new is the only way to go.
So why not have a thread where people can share their own buying tips. It is after all one of the largest purchases many of us make, yet we chase 10p off a bag of doughnuts.
Suggested topics to share.
1) Tips on paying.
2) Where to get decent valuations of trade in before the stealer.
3) Best place to research how much a car should be sold for.
4) What to look for in condition and known issues.
5) Is petrol always cheaper than Diesel.
6) Brokers for new cars, who is the best.
You get my idea. Please don't recommend specific garages as that will be too specific. Unless of course it's relevant to someone else's comment.