Last year when I had my car's MOT, I realised that my radio has stopped functioning properly. Before the MOT, it was working perfectly fine. I have a 97/98 Ford KA with a Rover cassette player. I've looked around at other sites and the general consensus is that when the car battery's disconnected, the radio suffers and you have to enter the code. Thankfully the previous owner wrote the code on the top of the cassette player when you pull it out - I did so, and it worked. Then, a couple of days later, I turned the car on and no radio, no display asking for "CODE" or anything. Just a noise telling me the radio's off and on when I switch it on and off.
Fast forward to the present, and it's very temperamental. It can go weeks without any display, then just spontaneously display "CODE". I type the code in, and it works perfectly. Just had a look but the mass of wires made me quickly retreat to my computer, haha.
Would anyone be able to help clarify what's wrong?