Not exactly a rivetting conversation-starter I know but thought I might try and tap into HUKD's collective experience and knowledge!
Bedroom wall which faces outside has developed in the last couple of weeks the following:
- Black and green blotches along the top and along the bottom near the ceiling and floor respectively.
- Wall very cold and feels damp.
- Has a few 'bubbles' under the think wallpaper.
- Seems particularly blotchy and cold around window, and bottom of window has water puddle.
- And worst of all, the room is soooooooooooo cooooooooooooold! Put central heating and a little portable heater on full blast for hours on end and still unbearably cold in there.
What does this sound like to people? I thought damp but my landlord's 'uncle' has apparently checked it all out and tested it but says its just condensation which he said is common in old terraced houses and I need to air the room more.
Only this wall and only this room and apparently no problem last winter. Been very rainy and cold lately.