Decision to make - (technology woe continues) - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

Decision to make - (technology woe continues)

JasonMason Avatar
6y, 9m agoPosted 6 years, 9 months ago
Soooo folowing on from my previous thread i have spoken to JL customer services dept
and i have the following four/three options available to me...
1 - JL would replace the TV for the same model (would but it looks unlikely to ever come into stock), they have a smittering of display models accross the country though...
2 - JL would issue a full refund for the faulty TV.
3 - JL will get a repair person to my house, collect, look at, repair if necessary and delivery the TV back to me/report unrepairable fault back to JL.
4 - As the TV became faulty within 28days they have stated i can go on their website and take any TV of up to the price of my faulty one (£699).
Other Links From Make:
JasonMason Avatar
6y, 9m agoPosted 6 years, 9 months ago
Options

All Comments

(5) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
#1
so decisions decisions, what to do?
http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/604668/today-i-hate-technology-part-2-of-m is the previos thread.
Option1 isnt looking too hot.
Option4 shows no available 50inch plasma full HD displays for anything close to £699.
Option3 could be good but i'd feel begrudged knowing that i own something that went faulty so early in its expected lifetime.
#2
Take option 2 - you then have the choice of where to buy.

Option 1 will probably mean you end up with a display model.
Option 3 will mean you end up with a TV that may still be unreliable.

Why would you pick option 4?
Option 2 would allow you to buy from their website or anywhere else that you choose.

There's plenty of discounted tellys around right now. I'd take the money unless the JL one was a mega-mega bargain!

The only remaining question is did you pay extra for a longer warranty and if so will they refund that?
#3
Spod
Take option 2 - you then have the choice of where to buy.

Option 1 will probably mean you end up with a display model.
Option 3 will mean you end up with a TV that may still be unreliable.

Why would you pick option 4?
Option 2 would allow you to buy from their website or anywhere else that you choose.

There's plenty of discounted tellys around right now. I'd take the money unless the JL one was a mega-mega bargain!

The only remaining question is did you pay extra for a longer warranty and if so will they refund that?


If you search on here there was a thread about a month ago, reached 1500 hot for this tv, it was a bargain and the free 5year JL warranty is (according to many - and potentially in the future - myself) worth its weight in gold.
#4
option 2 or 4

I would always buy TVs and like from JL because of their warranty and rock solid CS is anything goes wrong,worth the slightly more expensive prices imo
#5
I would also go for repair as the TV was real bargain. If it goes wrong a year or so down the line the market will have moved on and you may be able to replace or upgrade for the same money.

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!