Hi all, my 18 month contract with 3 is due for renewal and need some advice. Here is my tale: -
I was contacted last Friday by someone informing me that as my 18 month contract expires in January I am entitled to an upgrade if I choose to renew. Great. I spoke about which phone I wanted which is the Sony Ericsson C905 and although it would have to be another 18 month contract, I was happy that they were able to offer me the phone for free and there would be no change in my current monthly priceplan. Basically it would continue as the previous 18 months but with a newer phone. I said that it sounds good but my partner is on a new 3 priceplan and I wanted to double check how much she was spending monthly as she currently gets more perks. I was told the usual 'this offer may not be available next week, month e.t.c.' I explained again that I would proberly take the offer made but it would be sensible for me to check the amount first. I asked how to contact back and was told to call 333 from the phone. After I found out my partner is spending £4 more than I am, I decided that I would go for the deal. I called back 10 minutes later to accept but I was told that the department that contacted me is separate and I am unable to contact them directly and would have to request a callback which would be in 48hours. They then proceeded to try and upgrade me on shockingly bad deals. I also rung the direct number that called me but it just leads back to the general 3 renew line. This department then proceded to try and upgrade me again on further shockingly bad deals so thought it would be wise to wait for the callback.
I didn't receive a callback and after contacting both departments and being past from pillar to post and being promised that they would send requests to the department that contacted me, I finally found out from someone that the company that contacted me is a 3rd party company which is able to offer renews on behalf of three, so they can't request callbacks from them. This confirmed I was just getting fobbed off previously. He also finally explained that it says on the system that I refused the upgrade from the 3rd party and that the offer is only offered once! If they have details on the 3rd party, surely they have a way I can contact them?
Any help or recommendations is much appreciated