Heres the bogus scam i recieved today, you gotta laugh.:giggle:
Anyone else recieve one ?
With due Respect, i crave your indulgence as i contacted you in such a surprising manner, but I respectfully insist that you read this letter carefully as I am optimistic it will open doors for unimaginable financial rewards for both of us. I got your contact from a directory data, and hoping that you are a reliable and honest person that will assist in championing this transaction.
In a brief introduction, I am Mr.Lawson Kossi, an internal auditor with a financial institution here in Lome-Togo. With due respect and regard, I am contacting you on a business transaction that will be beneficial to both parties at the end.
In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of USD$5.5M in an account that belongs to, an expatriate oil consultant who died along with his wife and their only daughter in an auto accident on 21st July 2002 while coming back from a cultural festival. Upon Maturity of the deposit, the fund was confined to a dormant status where upon we made this discovery, and further inquiries by me revealed that all his supposed next of kin died alongside with him in the event of the crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.
It is standard practice that after the expiration of 7 years the funds will be declared as an "unclaimed asset resource" and the account is closed. My contacting you is to allow your particulars to be forwarded to this institution as the family member or next of Kin to our deceased customer for the purpose of benefiting the content of the account. All the arrangement to put claim over this fund has been perfected by me and I will assist you on steps to follow. Every necessary document shall be obtained on your behalf to back-up this claim.
Needless to say that the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return we demand your complete honesty and trust. Therefore this transaction will be based on the following terms and condition as stated below:
1. Our conviction of your transparency, honesty and deligence.
2. That you will treat this transaction with utmost secrecy and confidentiality.
3. That you will not ask for more share than what is negotiated or try to sit on the funds or indulge in any form of blackmail once the funds is under your custody.
4. That upon receipt of the funds, you will release and disburse 10% of the total fund to Motherless home here or there then the remaining 90% will be shared by both parties in the ratio 60/40.
Remember that with my support, this transaction is risk free and will be done under a legitimate arrangement that will protect us from any breach of the law. We also hope to conclude this transaction within a short period of time if you accord us your unalloyed support and co-operation. And am assuring you that with my position in the bank this money will hit your account successfully before 9 official bank working days.
As soon as you accept this condition and finally indicate your interest in this deal the first thing is to send your telephone number for voice to voice communication and further establishment of trust, this I will then guide you on other steps to follow.
To further cement our trust on you, we will demand for a written agreement or any other proof of loyalty from you when you finally accept this offer.
Waiting eagerly to hear from you soonest
Mr Lawson Kossi.