Im not to clued up on the 360 scene, so im hoping people on here can give me simple easy to follow advice.
My friend has a xbox360, and it has the RROD. Ive offered to buy it from him, but need to know firstly if its a good deal, and then how to do a few things.
Its a XBOX 360 PRO (has the HDMI port). Its comes with 1 controller and all the cables, but has had the HDD removed. He's selling it to me for £20, so i reckon thats cheap enough?...
The question is:
- Why do i need a HDD, or do i even need one?
- Is there any alternative to having a HDD?
- Does it have to be a 360 HDD i use, or could one out a pc/laptop work too?
- Its never been connected to XBOXlive, so it cant be banned can it?
- I hear that Microsoft can fox this for me for free, but seeing as its my mates, do i need his details, or what information do i need?
- Do i ring up microsoft, or is there a online way of doing this?
- Can i fix this myself, or is this stupid as microsoft can do it for free?
- If they fix it, can it still happen again?..
------need as much info on the above if possible, as this is the whole reason im planning to buy it, so it can get fixed......
- is flashing a clever thing to do?...
- i read something about iExtreme?.. whats this, and is this the best one to use?
- how hard on a scale of 1(easiest) to 10 (hardest) is flashing to do???..
Cheers for any info anyone can shed on this..