Film & TV QUIZ - * 60 questions * :
1) In which city is the TV series Grey`s Anatomy set ?
2) In the movie Aliens, what was the name of the cat ?
3) Which children`s television show featured the characters of George, Zippy and Bungle ?
4) Which 2005 Nobel prize-winning English playwright wrote the screenplay for the film The French Lieutenant`s Woman ?
5) Who starred in the title role of the film version of J B Priestley`s play An Inspector Calls ?
6) Which 1969 film was based on Barry Hines novel A Kestrel For A Knave ?
7) In the film `Breakfast at Tiffanys`, what is the name of Audrey Hepburn`s character`s cat ?
8) What is Postman Pat`s surname ?
9) In the film `Cannonball Run` what was the name of the super-hero played by Dom DeLuise ?
10) Who plays Billy Costigan in the 2006 Oscar winning film The Departed ?
11) In which film would you find the character of Caledon `Cal` Hockley ?
12) Which Oscar winning actress played Stella Bridger in the 2003 remake of the Italian Job ?
13) Who played Nathan Detroit in the 1955 film Guys and Dolls ?
14) Charles Fleischer voiced the title character in which 1988 film ?
15) Which Oscar winning screenplay writer also co-wrote the screenplay for the movie Superman 2 ?
16) Which cast member of The Magnificent Seven had a scene from the film enacted at his wedding during filming ?
17) What was the name of the holiday camp in the TV sitcom `Hi-De-Hi` ?
18) What was the name of the character played by Ronnie Barker in `Open All Hours` ?
19) Which 1959 Alfred Hitchcock film had the tagline `Its a deadly game of tag and Cary Grant is it!` ?
20) In what year was Channel 4 launched ?
21) The theme tune for `TFI Friday` was taken from which 1960s TV series ?
22) Who provides the voice of Sideshow Bob in `The Simpsons` ?
23) I n the film `The Great Escape` what were the code names of the 3 tunnels ?
24) Which film character`s car had the registration number BMT214A ?
25) Who directed The 2002 film `The Pianist` ?
26) What was the name of the baby of Wayne and Waynetta Slob in the Harry Enfield Show ?
27) What is Miss Piggy's Surname ?
28) Who played Father Peter Clifford in Ballykissangel ?
29) Who plays Hyacinth Bucket in `Keeping Up Appearances` ?
30) Which fictional character has been played by Albert Finney, Peter Ustinov and David Suchet ?
31) In `Coronation Street`, which band was Les Battersby`s a big fan of ?
32) Who co-stars with Matthew McConaughey in the film `Two for the Money` ?
33) In the animated film `Thumbelina`, who sang `Let Me Be Your Wings` ?
34) In the animated Disney 1941 film `Dumbo`, who was the title characters best friend ?
35) Which actor starred in `Rooster Cogburn` ?
36) Who played Basil Fawlty in `Fawlty Towers` ?
37) Who presented `The Sooty Show` in the 1980s ?
38) Which actor played Dr. Peter Venkman in `Ghostbusters` ?
39) Who plays Count Olaf in the film Lemony Snicke`s A Series Of Unfortunate Events' ?
40) Which comedian played the lead character in `The Man Who Sued God' ?
41) In which 1983 movie did Sean Connery return as James Bond ?
42) What song is played at the end of the 1996 film `A Life Less Ordinary` starring Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor ?
43) Royston Vasey is the fictional town in the League of Gentlemen but it is also the real name of which comedian ?
44) Who played Father Dougall in the TV sitcom `Father Ted` ?
45) Which TV series could have been called `Truman and Adler` ?
46) Which film sees the character Henri Charriere repeatedly try to escape from prison ?
47) Which Gerry Anderson character worked for the World Intelligence Network ?
48) In Stingray what did WASP stand for ?
49) In the Gerry Anderson TV show, who was the sheriff of `Four Feather Falls` ?
50) What craft would you expect Steve Zodiac to be in ?
51) In Thunderbirds, what was Lady Penelope`s surname ?
52) Who sang `Always look on the Bright side of Life` in the closing titles of the film `As Good As It Gets` ?
53) Which actor was stung in `The Sting` ?
54) Whose last film role was Mr Bridger in `The Italian Job` ?
55) Which actor married singer Dorothy Squires in 1953, who was 12 years older than him ?
56) Which 1972 film features the song `Dueling Banjos` ?
57) `Man on the Moon` was the biopic of which US comedian ?
58) Who played Dr. Duncan Waring in the 1970`s TV series `Doctor in the House` ?
59) In which 1970s UK TV series did the character Charlie Endell appear ?
60) Which film character has been played by Jack Lord, Cec Linder, Rik Van Nutter,
Norman Burton, David Hedison, John Terry, David Hedison and Jeffrey Wright ?
GOOD LUCK !
ANSWERS HAVE NOW BEEN ADDED ON POST NO. 21