This is for those who are using a Sky box to view free channels with a viewing card and have been told to pay £20 to get a new one (see https://mysky.sky.com/replacecard/)
- or lose channels.
In fact, Sky boxes now work fine without a card in them at all, so save yourself £20!
But you will lose access to the following channels:
* ITV1 (if you receive one of the following ITV1 regions: ITV Anglia West, ITV Central South West, ITV Meridian North, ITV Meridian South East, ITV Tyne Tees South or ITV Yorkshire East)
* FIVE (if you live in London, the North of England or Scotland)
* FIVE USA, FIVE USA +1, FIVER, FIVER +1
* Channel 4 HD
* Sky 3
The good news is you can add Five or regional ITV manually (when viewing without a Sky card):
* With your digibox turned on, press the "Services" button (near the top of the remote).
* Select number 4 (System Setup), and then 4 again ("Add Channels").
* In the appropriate fields enter the following (you move through the fields using the up and down arrow keys):
* In the Frequency field enter: 10.773,
* The next three fields are toggle fields, i.e. using the left and right arrows will change the value.
* Toggle Polarisation to: H
* Toggle Symbol Rate to: 22 (or 22000)
* Toggle FEC to: 5/6
* Then select the last button - Find Channels.
* Channel 5 will now be in the list of channels, along with ETV and regional ITV stations.
* Use the Yellow button to place a tick beside each one you wish to store and when you've finished ticking press "Select". Each channel will now be stored.
The added channels will not appear as before (ie FIVE will inaccessible under 105).
To view the added channel(s): press the "Services" button, then 7 ("Other Channels"), use the arrow keys to move to the channel you want and press "Select".
To change channel again, you will have to type it in i.e. 101 for BBC1, then it will work as normal. With practice, this wasn't very difficult even fort a technophobe like me!
(Credit where credit is due - thanks to Clair Real Virtual French Person on http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1929997/PrintPost.aspx
for the Sky trick above!)
Hope this helps somone!