Happy Birthday to our very own emasu. 16 today and now able to do all of the following:
- You can have a full time job if you have officially left school. (But you can only start it after the last Friday in June)
- You can live independently, subject to certain conditions being met.
- You can get married with one parents' or guardians' consent.
- You can ride a moped of up to 50ccs.
- You can pilot a glider.
- You can legally have sex with any consenting person (male/female) over the age of 16.
- You can join the armed forces with you parents' or carers' consent.
- You can apply for your own passport.
- You can have beer, cider or sherry while eating a meal in a restaurant, or an eating area of a pub outside the bar (although you cant buy the drink yourself and you must be with someone over 18)
- You can play the lottery.
- You can get a license to sell scrap metal
- You can legally buy party poppers & caps, Aerosol paint containers & Liqueur Chocolates
- You can have your bellybutton, eyebrow or tongue pierced without parental consent.
- You can choose your own GP
You'll get a National Insurance Number and have to pay the full adult fare on buses, trains and tubes