help! - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

help!

easilyconfused Avatar
7y, 11m agoPosted 7 years, 11 months ago
can someone please advise daughters just spilt milkshake all over her phone im absolutely livid shes only just had it, now the camera dosent work the buttons stick and the speakers abit dodgy dont think the warrenty will cover it they usually dont for spillages
please help btw its a w595
easilyconfused Avatar
7y, 11m agoPosted 7 years, 11 months ago
Options

All Comments

(9) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
#1
Can you tell me what flavour please?
#2
adamsxi
Can you tell me what flavour please?


cheeky, strawberry
1 Like #3
phones normally have an indicator inside which changes colour if something spills on it. Warrenty is out of the question. Get it insured and claim it next week?
#4
I would wash it and dry the bits and then try it.I It only works doing this with strawberry though not vanilla!
#5
MANJ_007
phones normally have an indicator inside which changes colour if something spills on it. Warrenty is out of the question. Get it insured and claim it next week?


thanks didnt think of that will do that today rep added:thumbsup:
#6
Im affraid it can be a bit too late...

what you sould have done was to swutch off and take the battery out IMMEDIATELY after she spilled the milk. Taking off batteries will avoid short circuit in the phone's electronic components.

After that dry the phone competely either using the hair blow dry or naturally. To be sure, dont use it at least over night

having said that, of course you can do the above now.
#7
You could always "lose" it and then claim :whistling:
Not that I would recommend this of course........
#8
nuabdi
Im affraid it can be a bit too late...

what you sould have done was to swutch off and take the battery out IMMEDIATELY after she spilled the milk. Taking off batteries will avoid short circuit in the phone's electronic components.

After that dry the phone competely either using the hair blow dry or naturally. To be sure, dont use it at least over night

having said that, of course you can do the above now.


That would only really work if it was water that was splled on it. I doubt that have dried, sticky, strawberry milkshake inside it will do any good.
#9
Russ2626
That would only really work if it was water that was splled on it. I doubt that have dried, sticky, strawberry milkshake inside it will do any good.


well the important part is to take out the battery and not power it on until its dry.

Besides, thats the nearest thing you can do yourself in emergency, int it?

of course you can always go to the pro or claim insurance but that would go for every fault, not just water or milk spill

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!