Wanting to buy a new desktop PC before VAT increase and the more I look the more confused I become.
Budget is £400 max and the PC is required for bog standard home tasks, some game playing (but nothing high end - sims 3 type stuff) and video editing now that daughter received an HD camcorder for her 18th birthday earlier this month.
I have set out some options below so if anyone with some computer know how can suggest which might be best to go for, or point me in the direction of any alternatives, I would be most grateful.
1) Dell Inspiron 580 with i3 processor and either ATI Radeon 5450 or Geforce 310 graphics card. Official Dell refurbs sold by resellers on ebay with Dell 3 year warranty. Anything between £360 and £429 depending on size of hard drive.
2) Medion P3 desktop with i3 processor and geforce 310 graphics card. £375 at argos ebay shop
3) HP Pavilion S5650UK with pentium e5500 processor and Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD. £369 at John Lewis
4) HP G5208UK. i3 processor. Doesn't specify graphics but a google search has come up with Integrated Intel H57. Comet for £349 or £399 with LG 19" monitor
5) HP G5225UK. AMD Athlon II X4 635 processore and integrated nVidia GeForce 6150SE graphics. £380 at Comet
6) COMPAQ SG3-230uk. AMD Athlon™ II X2 220 (2.8 GHz) processor and ATI radeon 3000 series graphics. Reduced to £299 at Currys
7) COMPAQ SG3-250uk. Same as above but with bigger HDD and lightscribe DVD rewriter. £350
8) HP G5210uk. Triple-core AMD Athlon™ II X3 440 (3.0 GHz) processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE graphics. £380 currys
Thanks for your help.