Help paying your metered bill
We may be able to offer financial assistance with your metered bill if anyone in your household receives a specific state benefit and has a large family of three or more children or a medical condition that requires the use of extra water.
If you can answer yes to the following questions, you could qualify for help with your metered water bills.
To qualify, you should answer either question 4 or question 5.
If the answer to any question is no you do not qualify for help.
1. Are your water bills based on meter readings? Yes
2. If you have a garden, do you use only a hand-held appliance to water it? Yes
3. Are any of the following benefits / tax credits paid to you or someone else in your household?
Child Tax Credit (you must receive more than the family element)
Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
Means-tested Council Tax Benefit (not including reductions / discounts)
Working Tax Credit
Now answer either Q4 or Q5
4. Is the person who receives benefits / tax credits responsible for three or more children under 19?
who usually live in your household, and
for whom Child Benefit is also paid
5. Does the person who receives benefits/tax credits (or any other permanent resident) suffer from and receive treatment for one of the following medical conditions?
Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
Eczema, psoriasis or varicose ulceration (weeping skin disease)
Any other medical condition requiring the use of extra water
If you answered yes to the questions above, please download the WaterSure application form below, complete and return to:
PO Box 508
You can also call our dedicated number on 0845 641 0068 (Minicom 0845 7200 899).
WaterSure application form (2.29Mb)