We accepted an offer on our house 3 and a half weeks ago and got an offer accepted on a dream house. The purchasers seemed keen but today I have come home to a letter from their solicitors saying they wish to put the proceedings on hold for one week until they are back from holiday. Does this mean they have had second thoughts? Why don't they just say they don't want it if this is the case and then we can get on with marketing it in the hope we can keep the house we were trying to buy? is this normal? are they waiting to see if they get an offer on another house accepted? Why not just wait until then til telling us???
Can this have a positive outcome do you think (although realise no-one actually knows but wonder if anyone has experienced similar?)