so for this to work you need
-hotmail which you already have
heres the steps
1) First open your gmail account, go to setting, then account, then under "send email as" click Add another email address, and then add your hotmail account info.
2) Then log into hotmail and confirm the gmail verification that you added the hotmail account
3) In Hotmail, go to Options, then select "Mobile alerts for new messages". Go through the steps (the verfication code could take upto 10 mins for you to get). Then when you are customizing the mobile service, select that you dont want to recive text alerts when you recieve an email. click next and back to hotmail when you save it.
4) Then in Hotmail, go to options, and select "Forward mail to another e-mail account". now add your gmail account, and it will let you.
5) Test it out, you should get your hotmail emails forwarded to gmail, thus your iphone
its taken me forever to get this working, and its all for free, no need for premium hotmail nor anything like izymail.
Thanks to DEV^S at trickery.net (http://www.trickery.net/vb/showthread.php?p=990424)