Current winner: mrmr25 with £731.50
On the first day of Christmas love_a_bargain and Mike73 dealt for me: a 2Gb MP3 player
On the second day of Christmas mrmr25 dealt for me: two dozen Christmas Crackers
On the third day of Christmas highguyuk dealt for me: 3 Full HD LCD TVs
WELCOME TO DAY FOUR OF THE HUKD TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COMPETITION - DAY FOUR!!!
If HOTUKDEALS isnt running a 12 days of Christmas this year then I'm happy to start one myself..unfortunately no amazon vouchers up for grabs - but would be fun to do a little searching nonetheless.
For each of the twelve days, HOTUKDEALS members must find the CHEAPEST GENUINE ONLINE price for a given item and post it into the given thread for that day. Your price MUST include:
1) Description of the item with title
2) Where you've seen it (HAS TO BE ONLINE!)
3) Final price as it would leave your bank account. This has to include any postage.
4) Any mention of QUIDCO, IPOINTS, MUTUALPOINTS or other cash/points back schemes off the back of the deal. Just a word on this - in the event of a tie and ONLY in the event of a tie, QUIDCO and/or others will be taken into consideration.
5) Your posting must begin 'MY ENTRY IS' so we can tell quickly that your posting is...well..an entry rather than just a comment. Ok? :)
6) Non UK STERLING deals are allowed. But please use http://www.xe.com
as your conversion tool to £ STERLING and post an IMAGE of that conversion with your posting. The rate changes throughout the day!
7) Items should be delivered to your door. Deals where you can pick up items in-store won't count.8)
Unlike in last years' competition, REFURBS ARE allowed in this competition. They would be mentioned in the final posting onto the main board if appropriate (and cheaper!). However, its the new, non-refurb winner whose deal will be given precedence as there is a big chance that the refurb item will be withdrawn or made out of stock over a short period of time.
9) Be inventive, and think outside of the box :)
Each search day will run from 9AM UNTIL 7.30PM and results will feature at the end of that day - the winner announced then. zarguio (i.e. me, and anyone else appointed in case I get really busy! ) has the final say over the winner for each day. We'd be starting on the 12th and running until the 23rd.
Items to be searched for each day will be broad rather than specific - giving you more scope to argue your case. Posters who remember last year's competition will know what I mean. Unlike last year however, you're allowed more than one entry - as many as you like. We're after the cheapest price here. I'm not a mod so can't delete or edit postings so its up to you to tow the line :)
Finally, again - I'm really sorry, but there's no prize for each day as I'm poor - unless ADMIN wish to add some vouchers here?!?!?, so its just for the love of searching. If anyone wishes to contribute a prize then that would be great. I believe a chappie offered some webserver space just before the thread was pulled - or was I imagining things? Get in touch if you have something to give back to the board
Right folks - this is DAY FOUR. And you'll be wanting DAY FOUR'S QUEST. So that is:
FIND THE CHEAPEST ONLINE PRICE FOR FOUR TICKETS ON A RETURN FLIGHTS FROM THE UK TO NEW YORK. IT CAN BE FROM ANY UK AIRPORT, AND AT ANY TIME ON ANY DAY IN DECEMBER 2007 OR JANUARY 2008, AND ALL FOUR TICKETS NEED TO BE TOGETHER ON THE SAME FLIGHT . Take away any vouchers (these have to be usable by anyone) and post it up on this thread, taking note of the guide above.
You'll have until 7.30pm tonight to post the cheapest price you can find on the web. Any entries placed after that time wont be taken into consideration.
All the very best of luck, and merry Christmas!