Planning on building a staircase at a house im refurbishing...have spoken to a few people, but just have a few questions I need answering so i dont make the same mistakes my mate did!...thanks in advance...
- If im going to make it WITHOUT power tools, what hand tools will i need?
- If the newels dont fit closely to the shoulder of the string, where have i gone wrong?
- If the newels arent plumb with the rise of the stairs, where have i gone wrong?
- If i succeed, I will be building more for family, clients etc..How would i protect the staircase from damage if building with other trades on a busy site?
- I know Im supposed to use a urea formaldehyde type glue, but not sure why...can anyone clarify advantages?
- Im going to use a good quality red deal to make the stairs, but if i do go on to make other staircases, I will most likely look to use mahogany next time...are there any differences between the two when used for staircases? (except for cost obviously)
thanks alot guys/girls, will rep anybody who can help as it would be massively appreciated...cheers