As quoted on the Play.com product page for "Kinect: Xbox 360"
* Control your Xbox 360 with a single gesture or wave of the hand
* Get off the sofa and into the game by using your body as the controller
* Connect with friends and family with easy and interactive gameplay, video chat and more (requires Xbox LIVE Gold membership)
* Revolutionary technology that includes body recognition.
* Works alongside your Xbox 360 controller to enhance your entertainment
* Works with every Xbox 360 (Requires 175MB of memory)
* What's in the Box?
* Power Supply Cable
* Kinect game
* Wi-Fi Extension Cable
* What you need to use the sensor:
* Xbox 360 console
* Kinect Ready games
Colour and depth-sensing lenses
Voice microphone array
Tilt motor for sensor adjustment
Fully compatible with existing Xbox 360 consoles
Field of View
Horizontal field of view: 57 degrees
Vertical field of view: 43 degrees
Physical tilt range: ± 27 degrees
Depth sensor range: 1.2m - 3.5m
320x240 16-bit depth @ 30 frames/sec * Note: below
640x480 32-bit colour@ 30 frames/sec * Note: below
16-bit audio @ 16 kHz
Skeletal Tracking System
Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players
Tracks 20 joints per active player
Ability to map active players to LIVE Avatars
LIVE party chat and in-game voice chat (requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership)
Echo cancellation system enhances voice input
Speech recognition in multiple
This information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers and should be used for guidance only.
At a frame rate of 30 Hz the RGB video stream is at 32-bit colo[u]r "VGA" [Video Graphics Array] resolution (640x480 pixels).
The monochrome video stream is for depth-sensing at 16-bit colo[u]r "QVGA" [Quarter Video Graphics Array] resolution. That is 320x240 pixels with 65,536 levels of sensitivity.