After some help from someone not as technically retarded as myself.
My laptop keeps cutting out. It's like someone has pulled the plug ( it is plugged in)
I couldn't try it on the battery as the battery was not charged.
I could get it to work for a few minutes then without warning it would just die again.
It was fine yesterday except maybe a little noisier than usual.
I assumed it was the mega-twisted wire on the power supply and just forked out bought a new one but it's doing it still.
As it worked for a few minutes I am now assuming it is an overheating problem as the vent underneath was quite hot.
I've shoved the hoover hose over the vent and a little lump of hairy yuckness and fluff was sucked out and it has now worked for longer than previously without conking out and it doesn't seem to be getting so hot, so my question is would a quite small bit of fluff be capable of killing my laptop so frequently?