This will be of no interest to anyone who hasn't got a home or motor insurance policy, but if you have, and you need some legal help, take a look at your policy.
Most of them have a legal expenses add-on for around £20 pa or less, and most people tend to include them. It's cheap because most people also forget they have them, and never use the service.
So if you need legal help, take a look at your policy and see what's included. The one below is the Norwich Union one, but they're all pretty similar:
Legal Services cover
For just £18.50 a year you get 24 hour access to a helpline where legal professionals give you free confidential legal advice.
We also cover you for up to £50,000 in legal costs to pursue or defend your case in a wide range of situations
* Personal Residence Disputes
* Personal Injury - Injury at work or accidental injury while out and about or clinical negligence.
* Contract Dispute - Purchase of a faulty car or a negligently performed service.
* Property Dispute - Boundary dispute or noisy neighbour.
* Employment Dispute - Unfair dismissal or discrimination on the grounds of sex, race or disability.
Legal Services also covers any family member living with you.
There is nothing for you to pay in the event of a claim under this section.