Limewire FREE alternative? - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

Limewire FREE alternative?

parisp Avatar
5y, 10m agoPosted 5 years, 10 months ago
Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this question but just wondering?
Other Links From limewire:
parisp Avatar
5y, 10m agoPosted 5 years, 10 months ago
Options

All Comments

(34) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
#1
I'm not asking for a lecture though peeps.Im well aware of some views!
banned#2
to download what ? music ?
#3
Frostwire?
#4
piratebay and utorrent should suffice and isohunt

Edited By: the porter on Jan 04, 2011 01:03
#5
Yes music. I tried Frostwire and a lot of songs i've searched for aren't there.Whats the best one for biggest choice etc..
banned 1 Like #6
use a youtube downloader. theres a good one on download.com called youtube converter or something i cant be bothered to get the link
#7
iTunes?
#8
DL Utorrent then search through kickasstorrents..
U can also speed up DL's on Utorrent ther is a vid on "how to" on YouTube if ur interested.
#9
Thankyou for all the suggestions peeps xx
#10
Hi parisp you can get 10 free legal tracks at mflow atm simply by flowing the tracks you want. There is usually a code for free tracks as well. Each song is only 20p as well till midnight. Hope that helps
4 Likes #11
i got an infraction for using this last time, but mods please allow it, it's fits perfectly here :)

http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf
banned 1 Like #12
I'm staggered that people still use limewire this century lol
#13
how about PAYING for music and supporting the artists you like?
do you work for free?
#14
slackrat77
how about PAYING for music and supporting the artists you like?
do you work for free?
Correct, but we don't earn the crazy amounts some of these people earn.
Frostwire & Limewire are the same.Most people use Vuze or uTorrent as clients & use sites like Demonoid,Piratebay or isohunt.I would say Demonoid is the most cleanest & also has a great Forum.
#15
Just RS stuff from an indexing website like warez-bb.org
#16
Programs like Limewire in general get's you lots of nasties, Your better off using torrent programs like utorrent and downloading via piratebay or the others.
#17
Plenty of other host sites dcx!
#18
torrentbox.com the best but you should only download legal one's(i am sure you will only download legal one)
#19
Just need to stress that LIMEWIRE is no longer in use
#20
Gnutella network is sharked just so you know so I personally wouldn't use any clients like frostwire...

Bittorrent is good but it's not the greatest, speed can be poor, throttled etc again certain albums have been sharked such as the recent ministry of sound one...

I'd recomend either getting yourself into a darknet, DC++ (dunno if its any good still), Usenet(binaries) or maybe remote host so RS/MF/NL/MU/MS etc, some private vpns do this though I havent tried it(generally pptp)
#21
WheresMeNuts
slackrat77
how about PAYING for music and supporting the artists you like?
do you work for free?
Correct, but we don't earn the crazy amounts some of these people earn.


no excuse for stealing.
if you walked into HMV and just took the CDs you wanted without paying, could you justify it with the same excuse?
no.

if you genuinely like music and the artists, buy their stuff and pay their wages.
the price of concert tickets has risen because people dont buy albums/singles as much.
the record companies that finance the recording/promotion of an album need to see a return on their investments.

but the public doesnt see it like that, they see free music.
then the price of CDs rises as less are being sold so less are manufactured, resulting in a higher price on tour tickets and merchandise to recoup the loses on album sales.
but people dont like the high prices and refuse to pay for them.
artist ends up in debt to the label, who won't finance another album or tour. artist gets dropped and has to sell publishing rights to songs to pay debts.
public forget them and move onto the next artist.

no longevity in music now.
its a total vicious circle.
#22
Maybe buy the actual CD??
#23
Prices are too expensive its costs them less than a £1.00 for a complete cd and they sell you it for £13.00 no thanks lol would rather download it for free .. ps if no one ever downloaded an illegal track do you think they would drop the prices... no your having a laugh they make millions out of it

If they priced things fairly they would sell plenty

slackrat77
WheresMeNuts
slackrat77
how about PAYING for music and supporting the artists you like?do you work for free?
Correct, but we don't earn the crazy amounts some of these people earn.
no excuse for stealing.if you walked into HMV and just took the CDs you wanted without paying, could you justify it with the same excuse?no.if you genuinely like music and the artists, buy their stuff and pay their wages.the price of concert tickets has risen because people dont buy albums/singles as much.the record companies that finance the recording/promotion of an album need to see a return on their investments.but the public doesnt see it like that, they see free music.then the price of CDs rises as less are being sold so less are manufactured, resulting in a higher price on tour tickets and merchandise to recoup the loses on album sales.but people dont like the high prices and refuse to pay for them.artist ends up in debt to the label, who won't finance another album or tour. artist gets dropped and has to sell publishing rights to songs to pay debts.public forget them and move onto the next artist.no longevity in music now.its a total vicious circle.


Edited By: kev_u8701r on Jan 04, 2011 22:05
#24
kev_u8701r
Prices are too expensive its costs them less than a £1.00 for a complete cd and they sell you it for £13.00 no thanks lol would rather download it for free .. ps if no one ever downloaded an illegal track do you think they would drop the prices... no your having a laugh they make millions out of it

If they priced things fairly they would sell plenty

slackrat77
WheresMeNuts
slackrat77
how about PAYING for music and supporting the artists you like?do you work for free?
Correct, but we don't earn the crazy amounts some of these people earn.
no excuse for stealing.if you walked into HMV and just took the CDs you wanted without paying, could you justify it with the same excuse?no.if you genuinely like music and the artists, buy their stuff and pay their wages.the price of concert tickets has risen because people dont buy albums/singles as much.the record companies that finance the recording/promotion of an album need to see a return on their investments.but the public doesnt see it like that, they see free music.then the price of CDs rises as less are being sold so less are manufactured, resulting in a higher price on tour tickets and merchandise to recoup the loses on album sales.but people dont like the high prices and refuse to pay for them.artist ends up in debt to the label, who won't finance another album or tour. artist gets dropped and has to sell publishing rights to songs to pay debts.public forget them and move onto the next artist.no longevity in music now.its a total vicious circle.



SORRY BUT YOU ARE WRONG
it may cost that to MANUFACTURE in a factory but how much did it cost to record and make singles, videos, put a tour together and generally sell the thing.
if it costs a quid to make a CD why dont we all release albums?
idiots have no idea how the music industry works.
they just see a CD for sale and steal it online instead
1 Like #25
dcx_badass
Lol @ suggesting how to get low quality awful sounding music.


No, lol @ you always thinking you know it all about everything and talking down to other people, when you are in fact talking utter ****. The audio is converted to AAC when uploaded to youtube and even after being exported back to mp3, is hardly 'low quality awful sounding music'. Most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference at the end of the day, unless using high end audio equipment to listen on. Just because there are technical differences, it doesn't mean anything for the average user wanting a few tunes for their iPod.

I even uploaded a file to youtube, just to prove the point. (The mp3 was obtained from legittorrents before anyone moans). The first link is the 320kbps mp3 original, the second is the result of that file being converted to a .wmv video file, uploaded to youtube and then downloaded using http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

http://www.mediafire.com/?mkn8tn8cn8ol47l - PRE YOUTUBE
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttnzm9a4g7i3o9s - POST YOUTUBE

Edited By: cookiemonster83 on Jan 04, 2011 23:21
#26
slackrat77
kev_u8701r
Prices are too expensive its costs them less than a £1.00 for a complete cd and they sell you it for £13.00 no thanks lol would rather download it for free .. ps if no one ever downloaded an illegal track do you think they would drop the prices... no your having a laugh they make millions out of it

If they priced things fairly they would sell plenty

slackrat77
WheresMeNuts
slackrat77
how about PAYING for music and supporting the artists you like?do you work for free?
Correct, but we don't earn the crazy amounts some of these people earn.
no excuse for stealing.if you walked into HMV and just took the CDs you wanted without paying, could you justify it with the same excuse?no.if you genuinely like music and the artists, buy their stuff and pay their wages.the price of concert tickets has risen because people dont buy albums/singles as much.the record companies that finance the recording/promotion of an album need to see a return on their investments.but the public doesnt see it like that, they see free music.then the price of CDs rises as less are being sold so less are manufactured, resulting in a higher price on tour tickets and merchandise to recoup the loses on album sales.but people dont like the high prices and refuse to pay for them.artist ends up in debt to the label, who won't finance another album or tour. artist gets dropped and has to sell publishing rights to songs to pay debts.public forget them and move onto the next artist.no longevity in music now.its a total vicious circle.



SORRY BUT YOU ARE WRONG
it may cost that to MANUFACTURE in a factory but how much did it cost to record and make singles, videos, put a tour together and generally sell the thing.
if it costs a quid to make a CD why dont we all release albums?
idiots have no idea how the music industry works.
they just see a CD for sale and steal it online instead
You in the real world ?
You think people like Rod Stewart,Bono,Sting etc etc make pennys ?
Also the price of Music CD's & Films have fallen over the Years because of piracy & that is 100% Fact.
To use sentences like idiots have no idea how the music industry works. Tells me you are a expert on this subject or you are the Idiot,So what one is it ?
#27
slackrat77
WheresMeNuts
slackrat77
how about PAYING for music and supporting the artists you like?
do you work for free?
Correct, but we don't earn the crazy amounts some of these people earn.


no excuse for stealing.
if you walked into HMV and just took the CDs you wanted without paying, could you justify it with the same excuse?
no.

if you genuinely like music and the artists, buy their stuff and pay their wages.
the price of concert tickets has risen because people dont buy albums/singles as much.
the record companies that finance the recording/promotion of an album need to see a return on their investments.

but the public doesnt see it like that, they see free music.
then the price of CDs rises as less are being sold so less are manufactured, resulting in a higher price on tour tickets and merchandise to recoup the loses on album sales.
but people dont like the high prices and refuse to pay for them.
artist ends up in debt to the label, who won't finance another album or tour. artist gets dropped and has to sell publishing rights to songs to pay debts.
public forget them and move onto the next artist.

no longevity in music now.
its a total vicious circle.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeTybKL1pM4 - i believe this will explain the definition of stealing for you...

Credits to someone else on here for showing it me :)
banned#28
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/44b79eae_91df_50250.jpg
#29
if you take something that isnt offered for free OFFICIALLY, you have stolen it.

if you had your car for sale and someone walked up, liked it and took it without paying you for it, is that stealing?

if you wrote a song and your record company said it could be number one, ploughed lots of money into recording it with a reknowned prodcuer, did awesome video and photo shoots for promotion and released the single, then came back to you and said "its not no.1 cos everyone downloaded it for free and that doesnt register as success" heres a bill for all we've spent on you.
would you be fine with people downloading your material?

its a business and like any business, its about profit and loss.
the profit doesnt JUST go to the artists, people like Sting, Rod Stewart etc have made their money from writing songs and relasing albums back before all of this, back when taping from LP to cassette was the nearest but copies werent always crystal digital quality replicas of the original.
it doesnt matter what they are paid as a wage. footballers earn a horrific amount because they have the business potential to earn their club even more money.

this whole argument is about as pointless as the free antivirus/paid antivirus one on here.
but the fact still remains, if you download music thats available to buy elsewhere, without paying for it and you keep it,make copies of it for others or let others download it from you, you ARE a thief.
yes the price of CDs has fallen as record comapnies need to claw back as much of the money spent as they can, but on the flip side, concert tickets and merch have risen in price.

if you love the music created by an artist and want to hear more from them and others like them, pay for music.
otherwise there is no funding from record companies.

and yes, I am a musician (never interested in being famous) and i know quite a lot of people in bands that have been dropped after 1 album or a few singles, due to lack of revenue.
some of the bands have gone on and still managed to have sucess as a touring act.
for more established artists, they probably dont see much difference to their wages. but for new and upcoming bands, singers etc, unless they turn to the X-factor type shows, the only option really is self promotion.
#30
slackrat77
if you take something that isnt offered for free OFFICIALLY, you have stolen it.

if you had your car for sale and someone walked up, liked it and took it without paying you for it, is that stealing?

if you wrote a song and your record company said it could be number one, ploughed lots of money into recording it with a reknowned prodcuer, did awesome video and photo shoots for promotion and released the single, then came back to you and said "its not no.1 cos everyone downloaded it for free and that doesnt register as success" heres a bill for all we've spent on you.
would you be fine with people downloading your material?

its a business and like any business, its about profit and loss.
the profit doesnt JUST go to the artists, people like Sting, Rod Stewart etc have made their money from writing songs and relasing albums back before all of this, back when taping from LP to cassette was the nearest but copies werent always crystal digital quality replicas of the original.
it doesnt matter what they are paid as a wage. footballers earn a horrific amount because they have the business potential to earn their club even more money.

this whole argument is about as pointless as the free antivirus/paid antivirus one on here.
but the fact still remains, if you download music thats available to buy elsewhere, without paying for it and you keep it,make copies of it for others or let others download it from you, you ARE a thief.
yes the price of CDs has fallen as record comapnies need to claw back as much of the money spent as they can, but on the flip side, concert tickets and merch have risen in price.

if you love the music created by an artist and want to hear more from them and others like them, pay for music.
otherwise there is no funding from record companies.

and yes, I am a musician (never interested in being famous) and i know quite a lot of people in bands that have been dropped after 1 album or a few singles, due to lack of revenue.
some of the bands have gone on and still managed to have sucess as a touring act.
for more established artists, they probably dont see much difference to their wages. but for new and upcoming bands, singers etc, unless they turn to the X-factor type shows, the only option really is self promotion.
That's why you are against it.You back your band-Hobby-Job & I back my Family by saving Money from downloading for free.I know it's wrong but I don't class it like walking in to HMV & stealing a CD or even stealing someone's Car.
#31
its the same thing.
stealing is stealing
you are a thief.

i hope that you get caught and sued by a record company and lose your home.
#32
slackrat77
its the same thing.stealing is stealingyou are a thief.i hope that you get caught and sued by a record company and lose your home.


Well I hope you enjoy the fact that none of the above will happen and that the most prominent effect of it all will be the amount of sand that gets in your vagina.

I do love when the anti piracy brigade are presented with good, structured arguments and just revert to automaton mode...

> Declare it to be stealing.
> Reasonable argument has been presented.
> Declare it to be stealing.
> Maintain position on high horse.
> Ignore all rational argument.
> Declare it to be stealing.
> Repeat.
#33
warez-bb is all you need
#34
I don't see how people can compare it to stealing a car. If you take the car the person doesn't have one. If you copy some music both of you have one!

And who ever said "I hope you lose your house", I hope you die. Lol jk I'm not that cruel .I hope u have a good life :-)

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!