MUSIC QUIZ (2) - 40 QUESTIONS
1. Which group had a hit record in the 1970s, the 1980s and the 1990s and each time they had a completely different line up?
2. Which instrument was Dizzy Gillespie famous for playing?
3. Who sang lead vocals on Australian group Python Lee Jackson`s 1972 hit `In a broken dream`?
4. Which singer won the Eurovision Song Contest for Ireland in 1980 and 1987?
5. What is the name of the clockwork device used by musicians to measure time?
6. What was Culture Club`s first number one in the UK?
7. The song `Killing Me Softly With His Song` was written about which American singer-songwriter?
8. Which famous pop star was christened Charles Westover?
9. Which pop band named itself after an American firetruck?
10. The town of Titipu in Japan, the Tower of London and Venice in Italy. What is the musical connection?
11. Whay song did Whitney Houston record for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics?
12. The original Live Aid concerts were held at Wembly and Philadelphia on 13th July in which year?
13. Who sang the first line of the USA for Africa`s `We Are The World`?
14. Flowers In The Rain` holds the distinction of being the very first record played on Radio One, but who performed it?
15. Which American soul singer`s dad played football for Glasgow Celtic ?
16. Which Paul released his first single `I Confess` when he was 14 and had written over 200 songs by the time he was 21?
17. What was the common title of 3 different songs released by 3 different artists that all entered the Top 20 UK charts in 1985?
18. What was the title of Elvis Presley`s first British number 1?
19. Which artist has had number one singles in the UK as a solo artist, as part of a duo, as part of a trio, as part of a quartet and as part of a group with more than four members?
20. Alex Band and Aaron Kamin make up which band?
21. Which Beatles album cover features five `Beatles`?
22. In 1976, which single was knocked from the number one spot by a single whose title was contained in the lyrics to the first single?
23. Who sang the theme tune to the film `The Neverending Story`?
24. By what name is singer Paul Hewson better known?
25. In which year did Elvis Presley die?
26. `No Sleep Till Brooklyn` was a hit single for which group in 1987?
27. Who was lead singer for 70s glam rock band `The Sweet`?
28. Justin Timberlake was formerly a vocalist for which band?
29. Which band a 70s hit with `Son of my father`?
30. Which band does Rocky Gray play the drums for?
31. What was the original name of Cliff Richard`s backing group `The Shadows` before they realised there was already an American group with the same name?
32. As of September 2005 there are two albums from the 1990s that are in the top ten albums of all time and both are by solo female artists. Who are they?
33. Who had a 1983 hit with `Too Shy`?
34. Which real-life Russian did Boney M sing about in 1978?
35. Who had a hit in 1984 with `99 Red Balloons`?
36. Which world famous star is a member of the band `30 odd foot of grunts`?
37. Which heavy metal band had a UK number hit in January 1991 and what was the name of the song?
38. What is the name of Iron Maidens mascot who appears on their album covers and who has also featured in a video game?
39. Who had a hit single with `Werewolves Of London`?
40. How many number 1 singles did Kim Wilde and her dad Marty have between them?
WILL POST ANSWERS AFTER 2 O'CLOCK TODAY