New house - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

New house

flexing Avatar
banned7y, 2m agoPosted 7 years, 2 months ago
Iv just bought a new house, not lived in it yet, I am single, not on benefits, are there any grants I can apply for, for maintenence etc?

Thank you
flexing Avatar
banned7y, 2m agoPosted 7 years, 2 months ago

All Comments

(7) Jump to unreadPost a comment
as fa as i know just 25% reduction in council tax, if you live alone
you can have cavity insulantion cheaper or for 99 pounds depending on what you earn
Ah single, with your own house.......

What I wouldnt do to swap with you........
Single and not on benefits - you're what's termed a 'mug' (like me).

We just pay taxes for all the other people who don't work and smile about it.
there are various grants for cavity wall insulation and suchlike,but it depends on the area you live in as to what is available.
Im single not on benefits with a new house, new houses will usually have cavity wall insulation, no grants available that i know of,just what has been said above 25% reduction on council tax if you live alone.
I guess we're all just paying for other peoples freebies from the government who are benefits extra, just carry on paying the taxes for nothing in return.

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!