not good news,bit of a dilemma - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

not good news,bit of a dilemma

Mardyass Avatar
8y, 3m agoPosted 8 years, 3 months ago
Got my results today and its not good,theyve found a growth in my shoulder.
I have now been referred back as an emergency case to see the specialist

My only problem being I am going on holiday in 3 weeks and would rather put it all off and have a whale of a time and then come back and deal with it,my doctor says this is a selfish view but if I have anything done now I know I wont be able to go swimming etc and I have saved like crazy for this 2 weeks of sun

Would you get it seen to before or after the holiday?
This "lump" has been there for about 18 months,I have repeatedly told them its a lump but they wouldnt have any of it,I was told it was a thickening of the muscle,damaged muscle etc after my accident where i fractured my neck,will a few more weeks make much of a difference?
Mardyass Avatar
8y, 3m agoPosted 8 years, 3 months ago
Options

All Comments

(20) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
#1
They wouldn't refer you as an emergency case if they weren't a bit concerned. Especially when you think about the usual NHS wait times. Get it sorted now! There will be other holidays to enjoy. You'll kick yourself if it is really bad and you waited.
#2
nikkib123
Is it life threatening??
Are you going to worry about it all the time you are away??

If you answer No to both then you have your answer


I'm with nikkib on this one
#3
I personally would follow the advice of my doctor, anyway, would you really enjoy your holiday as much with this hanging over you?

Get it sorted, then forget about it and go on holiday is my recommendation.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you
#4
jellybaby22
sorry to hear that....
Im of the opinion if you cn go away and NOT worry ( because I know I wouldnt be able to relax)then you should go on holiday and have fun...
however, if they have referred you as an emergenc maybe you should go and see what they say/do.....
ultimatley though its your decision....
do you have holiday insurance..sometimes they cover you if you have to cancel due to medical reasons...then you could rebook.....

I think I could go away and not worry about it,it cant be anything major as I'm always at blood clinic having my tests for the poly done and they look closely at changes in the cells so I'm pretty sure they would of picked it up,my blood counts arent as they should be and are a lil high but not as high as theyve been in the past
[helper]#5
Presumably you have been referred to the specialist for just a consultation not an op at this stage?
#6
gari189
Presumably you have been referred to the specialist for just a consultation not an op at this stage?

the op may be weeks down the line, go and see the specialist and see what he/she says and take their advise, it would be a shame to miss your hols tho but you dont want things to get worse mmmmm a tough one, hope all works out whatever you choose :thumbsup:
#7
no theyve referred me back to the surgeon I saw last week who sent me for a scan to try and determine what it was,they want to remove it asap
banned#8
nikkib123;2770517
Is it life threatening??
Are you going to worry about it all the time you are away??

If you answer No to both then you have your answer


caz1cool;2770532
I'm with nikkib on this one


jellybaby22;2770570
sorry to hear that....
Im of the opinion if you cn go away and NOT worry ( because I know I wouldnt be able to relax)then you should go on holiday and have fun...
however, if they have referred you as an emergenc maybe you should go and see what they say/do.....
ultimatley though its your decision....
do you have holiday insurance..sometimes they cover you if you have to cancel due to medical reasons...then you could rebook.....

Agreed...if u can, go and enjoy yourself :thumbsup:

hope its all ok x
#9
I would wait until the appointment comes through it may not be until after your holiday anyway, if it is before you can go but if they want to perform any treatment that would effect your holiday arrange to have it after atleast then you are a step further forward. Good luck
ignore that just missed your post saying they want to remove it.

Even if they do opperate wait and see when they book it for and if it is really soon 3 weeks is enough time to heal
#10
i would have it done asap but i wouldnt relax with it there i would wory myself sick

good luck with whatever u decide to do
#11
its so annoying as I've seen so many doctors about it,none of them listened to what i was saying and came up with other things it supposedly was,had they of sent me for the scan a year and a half ago it would of been dealt with long before now,ruddy nhs
#12
twinks
Hope it's nothing serious, have you checked with your holiday insurance to see if you're covered? If so, i would go get it sorted and then book yourself a holiday straight after. x

Wishing you well. x
will have to get hubby to have a look when he gets in and see whats covered,the kids are so excited 'd hate to put it off now so will probably end up going and getting it sorted on my return,unless they can fit me in this week and then i will get it removed
#13
v2drinkers
Go and see the surgeon and find out what they want to do explain to them you need the holiday to digest this all and put yourself at ease and ask them if this would be alright. They will not be happy but will understand.

I did this a few years ago and went away for a month, came back nice and relaxed to find out there was nothing (too much) to worry about anyway.

thats a great idea! lol
#14
Health is the number one thing in life.
#15
twinks
Hope it's nothing serious, have you checked with your holiday insurance to see if you're covered? If so, i would go get it sorted and then book yourself a holiday straight after. x

Wishing you well. x


Agree with twinks - check with your travel insurance.
if you go you may not be fully covered too,
banned#16
pghstochaj;2770687
Health is the number one thing in life.

See what your saying but IMHO Love is the no. 1 thing
#17
ODB_69
See what your saying but IMHO Love is the no. 1 thing


You can't do much loving if you don't have your health. Personally, I would put everything on hold until my health was sorted, assuming however, that it can't be put off without a negative impact. I really hope you get it sorted out mardyass.

I know you're angry at the NHS for now but remember they have a massive amount of experience of treating people with similar problems and it would have been this which meant why they looked at other options first.
#18
jellybaby22
awww..........

its your decision Mardy...... see what the consultant says and then have a fantastic holiday...where you off too????
off to the dominican rep:thumbsup:
#19
If you do go on hols make sure your insurance covers this existing condition. If you don't, and it all goes tits up you could be facing huge medical bills like the poor couple who's baby was born prematurely on holiday and died, they now have a £60,000 medical bill because it wasn't declared.
#20
surely any holiday insurance will cover not going in this case? Have you got any ?

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!