Just seen on Facebook that OCUK are now selling De-lidded pre-binned 7700K Processors. Curerntly £449.99 and are said to achieve a 5GHz OC. They carry a 12 month OCUK warranty too.
Pretty cool idea to let us buy them delidded and still be covered, but as you can see it comes at a higher cost at £449.99. I suppose it takes the risk out of the delidding process and gives you the lower temp. I wish they would just make them cooler anyway :/
Was wondering if it's something more people would want, or whether it's just me! (Obviously if the price was right) Lots of people unwilling to jump over to Kabylake as it is. Still rocking a 3570K here. (inb4 Ryzen)
Check it out Here
Product information: INTEL CORE I7-7700K 5.0GHZ (KABY LAKE) SOCKET LGA1151 PRE-BINNED PROCESSOR - OEM
Here we have a pre-binned, fully stress tested by our own 8 Pack re-knowned world champion overclocker who has pre-binned over 500 processors for our own system integration purposes. We have decided to make some of these CPU's available for purchase at a premium. They are de-lidded with the Intel TIM removed and liquid metal put in place to help reducing running temperatures by as much as 30 degrees celsius.
The CPU has then under-gone severe stress testing to ensure its stability at 5.0GHz (guaranteed) in all none AVX games and applications, this is the absolute minimum guaranteed speed, most of our customers using the recommended hardware with these processors will no doubt see even higher, such as maybe 5.1 or even 5.2GHz, though we only guarantee this CPU to run at 5.0GHz with a full one year warranty by OcUK.
- Guaranteed 5.0GHz core overclock in all none AVX applications. No games use AVX neither do 90% of professional applications
- CPUs delidded by OcUK professionals with Liquid Metal replacing original Intel TIM for 15c-30c cooler running temperatures
- Full 1 year warranty with OCUK, same as regular OEM CPU
- Free Thermal Grizzly 1g TIM so as to get the best contact with heat sink used.
Settings for 5.0GHz:
- Vcore 1.32-1.39v load typically 1.35v needed at most.
- VCCSA 1.05 for 3200mhz mems Upto 1.25 for DDR4000mhz +
- VCCIO 1.0 for 3200mhz mems. upto 1.25 For DDR4000mhz +