OK... here goes.
I'm wondering if you lovely's at HUKD can give me your opinion on the following.
I wasn't thinking of moving home anytime soon due to all the credit crunch business and falling house prices. However I have seen a beautiful 3 storey, 4 bed town house being built by a well known new build developer. After several weeks of various offers from them I decided to decline for various reasons.
FYI.. Its a 4 bed, 3 storey townhouse, with en-suite in master bedroom, main bathroom, and downstairs W/C. House includes garage and one allocated parking space in private development car park
Earlier this week the developer came back to me with a deal that won't let my mind rest. Here's the details:
Im going for a Part Exchange deal FYI
1) £15k off the marketing price
2) PX value on my property only 5k less than real market value
3) Stamp Duty Paid
4) Estate agent & legal Fee's paid
5) Free carpets.
I think its a cracking deal however my partner says he's not happy with the extra mortgage amount we would need to borrow. My disposable income would be £500 and his would be £400 after all bills are paid. meaning we would save £900 a month. Am i being silly or is this not a decent amount to be saving as well as having the opportunity to own a beautiful house. We currently live in a 2 bed terraced, so this is one hell of an upgrade!
Personally I think my partner is being a silly with his decision... he won't move on it at all! Im' really scared we will never get a great opportunity like this again!
All advice welcome :)