Does anyone know if we need to do anything about this emial which we have just recieved?
We rarely use it but have just had £1.58 debited from our acount to eBay Sarl which we thing is from a classified advert we put up and then took down from eBay (it never actually mentioned the £15 charge for the advert at all when listing it..)
We got the email just after we got of the phone to paypal asking about the said £1.58 payment, probably just coincidence but maybe not.
If anyone can shed any light on it I would much appreciat it.
As a means of protecting our members, everyone who registers a bank account must complete the bank confirmation process.
After registering a bank account, PayPal will automatically deposits two amounts under £1.00 into your bank account.
· You won't need to pay back these amounts - they're at PayPal's expense
· The deposits should arrive in your bank account within five working days
· View the bank statement online, check your next postal statement, or contact your financial institution's customer service department to find out the deposit amounts
· When you have confirmed these amounts, you can send payments through PayPal directly from your bank account
When you know the amounts of the random deposits:
1. Log in to your account at paypal.co.uk
2. Click "Profile"
3. Click the "Bank Accounts" link in the "Financial Information" column
4. Choose the bank account you wish to confirm and click the "Confirm" button
5. Enter the two amounts
6. Click "Submit." If the amounts are correct, we will remove the initial bank funding sending limits on your PayPal account and you'll be able to make payments from your bank account
Thanks for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team