My computer has died after 6 long years of service, motherboard gone. Looking for help/advice as things have moved a long way since I last purchased a PC.
Only really use PC for e-mails, internet browsing, odd game and access to hard drives via router to xbox. I have 3 external drives so only looking for a PC with reasonable processor and graphics, not a huge amount of internal storage, 4gb of ram, wireless not required and a DVD /CD writer. Would be good if there was a spare slot to put DVD writer from old machine and a couple of USB 3.0 ports but not essential.
This seems to fit the bill below at £329 with possible 10% off and quidco but would be perfect if a little less internal memory, say 320GB and a couple of extra USB ports. (http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/homedesktops/product.php?id=XS618EA&experience=direct)
Compaq SG3-350UK Desktop PC
£ 329 inc VAT
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) for superior digital entertainment
* An AMD Athlon II X2 245 processor for outstanding performance
* 4GB memory for top system performance & running multiple applications
* 750GB hard drive for storing all of your digital files
* The latest ATI Radeon 3000, with up to 1.87GB total available graphics memory
* USB Keyboard and Mouse
* Create silkscreen-quality disc labels with LightScribe, watch movies and more with the Double Layer DVD RAM writer
* 1 year, pick-up and return, warranty for peace of mind
Any feedback if this is good value or suggest an alternative??
One last thing can I take the old SATA HDD from the broken computer and put it in a case to connect to the new one via USB without additional power supply??
Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.