Have you (or someone you know) experienced YLOD?...
The number of cases of YLOD is quite alarming, I know the issue has been covered by BBC Watchdog previously, but (at that time) Sony argued that it was only a very small proportion of consoles that were affected and they denied that YLOD existed as a lone issue and Sony commented that the yellow light could signal any of a number of issues that may need addressing.
But... it seems (in all cases?) that heating the boards (or other parts) brings them back to life temporarily and that Sony is charging a lot of money to carry out this 'repair'... which in many cases has resulted in reoccurences of the YLOD issue later on... whether it is the returned original console that fails or even a 'refurbished' replacement issued by Sony.
I would like to collate your experiences in order to approach a similar watchdog in the hope they could again argue a case to Sony and tell Sony that the problem does need investigation (and to hopefully open the door to compensation claims for those who have suffered a loss because of the YLOD).
1) Who had the issue (i.e you, your mum, your brother, a friend etc.)
2) How was the issue resolved? (You got a refund, replacement, you paid for a repair etc.)
3) What happened since (Problem came back after repair, everything ok, etc.)
4) The model and place of purchase of the machine (Fat 60GB Amazon, Slim 160GB Dixons etc. etc.)
5) The Date of purchase and Date of YLOD occurring.
Thank you for you help!
P.S. Please try and keep your reply to answering the 5 Questions rather than using it to debate the issue... there are plenty of other threads to do that (thank you!)