Right, this is a bit of a weird one.....
Basically - If anyone is a fan of poached eggs, i recommend that you poach them in cling film!
Somebody told me to do this a long time ago, and i've done it ever since! Once you've mastered it you can get the eggs to come out perfect, and they aren't all watery like they are when you do it normally.
I've been having this debate with someone in my flat - they think its weird (and they're probably right) but i think its a really good idea and it MASSIVELY increases the tastieness of my breakfast!
1) Pull cling film over a mug, so that it hangs down into the mug enough to comfortably accommodate the volume of a cracked egg.
2) Crack your egg into the cling-film (in the mug)
3) Tie the cling-film so that you have a water-bomb like egg, and poach in a pan of water for a couple of minutes as normal
4) Fish it out, carefully unwrap it without burning yourself, and enjoy (recommended with toast =] lol )
1) Many eggs can be poached in one pan at the same time without mixing together,
2) Your eggs will not be watery in taste,
3) Your eggs will not be misshapen and broken.
Please respond honestly, i post this in an effort to find out whether i'm really weird or whether this is, in fact, the future of poaching eggs!
Thanks for reading! =]