I've been following the below instructions, but when I click Restart in step 2.......my Macbook Pro shuts down, the screen goes blank, the disk starts but then nothing happens. It never restarts to give me the option to select a language. Can anyone help, as I cant get any further than step 2 below:-
1) Insert the Mac OS X installation disc into your computers optical drive (or an optical drive connected to your computer), and then double-click the Install Mac OS X icon.
2) In the Installer, click Utilities, and then click Restart.
3) When the Language Chooser appears, select your language, and then click the Continue button (looks like an arrow).
4) In the Installer, choose Utilities > Disk Utility.
5) Select your startup disk from the list on the left, and then click the Erase tab.
6) From the Format pop-up menu, select Mac OS Extended (Journaled), type a name for your disk, and then click Erase.
7) After the disk has been erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility, and then follow the instructions in the Mac OS X Installer to reinstall Mac OS X.
Could the OS X disc be faulty?