The PRS Pauls 28 Electric Guitar is one of the first run of guitars made by utilizing all of the parts, processes, and workmanship that Paul Reed Smith spent his entire career seeking, testing, and refining. The Pauls 28 is the first guitar for many years that has been hand made by Paul Reed Smith himself.
The PRS Pauls-28 Electric Guitar has one of the curliest tops PRS have ever seen in their history, a rare ribbon-striped mahogany back that was hand-selected from an entire warehouse of wood, an extremely rare Pernumbuca Neck (nobodys ever seen one before), an exotic black Rosewood Fretboard, a dark Mexican Rosewood Headstock veneer, and solid-shell rippled Green Abalone, Paua Heart, and Mammoth Ivory Celtic Cross inlays.
Paul Reed Smith spent several years refining all of the parts and processes that went into this instrument: the wood drying methods, the colour Burnt Gold (PRS has been working on this stain method for the last two years), the very special paper-thin nitrocellulose finish, the pickups (PRS proprietary 1957/2008 pickups made from PRSs rare magnet and wire supplies), the nut, the tuning pegs, the frets, the glueseverything.Paul Reed Smith even spent two years researching the materials for the case. There is no part that has not been deliberately chosen.
The craftsmanship on this instrument has been meticulously carried out as well. Paul Reed Smith personally supervised the work and personally worked on this instrument throughout its creation. Paul Reed Smith picked out all the woods, re-carved the body to original shop specs, carved the neck by hand, stained it, helped finish it, helped sand it, specd out all of the pickups, and played and adjusted it until it was right. Essentially, Paul Reed Smith lovingly looked after this instrument being built on a daily basis and made sure it was right in every way.
Paul Reed Smith is hand making 28 guitars, of which 20 are for the US and only 8 will be available for the rest of the world! Digital Village is privileged to have the only guitar available for the UK.
I believe the electric guitar is essentially the violin of our time, and believe many of the guitar virtuosos today would have played violin hundreds of years ago. My goal was to build an instrument that has the look, sound, feel, care and value of the finest violins. My hope is that this instrument and its brothers and sisters are something new for our company and the industry. I hope you enjoy it.- Paul Reed Smith.
The PRS Pauls 28 Electric Guitar main features include:
* Hand made by Paul Reed Smith Himself
* Only 28 made, 20 available for the US, 8 available for the rest of the world and 1 available in the UK exclusively with Digital Village
* Paul Reed Smiths 18 secrets of tone implemented on this guitar
* Hand stained by Paul Reed Smith Burnt Gold Finish
* Paper-thin Nitrocellulose finish
* A rare ribbon-striped Mahogany Back
* An extremely rare Pernumbuca Neck
* Exotic black Rosewood Fretboard
* Dark Mexican Rosewood Headstock veneer
* Solid-shell Rippled Green Abalone, Paua Heart, and Mammoth Ivory Celtic Cross Inlays
* 1957/2008 Pickups made from PRSs rare magnet and wire supplies
* PRS Hardcase includedhttp://www.dv247.com/invt/61116/
*Image displayed is Paul's 28 Number 4, the only Paul's 28 Guitar in the UK Click on Gallery for more images of this guitar in production.