PUB QUIZ 1 -
Part 1 - How well do you know your films ? 1-10
1.1966 Sci Fi film Plot Outline: A diplomat is nearly assassinated. In order to save him, a submarine is shrunken to microscopic size along with its crew and injected into his blood stream Name the movie.
2. In the 1963 film The Great Escape which two actors played the characters Flight Lt. Colin Blythe "The Forger" and Flight Lt. Hendley "The Scrounger"
3. Who played Galadriel the Eleven Queen in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?
4. Who Will Buy, As Long As He Needs Me and Reviewing the Situation. From which film / musical do the songs come?
5. Which animation film is the worlds highest grossing of all time ( only from theatrical box office receipts movie ticket sales to Oct 2007
6. In which 1998 film does the line Hed better be worth it. Hed better go home and cure a disease or invent a long-lasting lightbulb
7. In which James Bond film did actress Lana Wood play the character Plenty OToole?
8. Only two male actors have been nominated for acting Oscars in every decade since the 1960s. Jack Nicholson is one, who is the other?
9. What is the name of the director of the 1986 film the Fly Naked Lunch (1991), M. Butterfly (1993), who almost shares his surname with a Lager beer?
10. For her performance in which film did Halle Berry win an Oscar?
Part 2 - Which Letter ?
1. What 'H' is the name given to a new-born alligator?
2. What 'P' is the proper term for a young wolf?
3. What 'H' is a term normally applied to a person living in solitude as a religious disciple?
4. In clothing, which 'B' is a type of pleat made of two flat folds turned in towards each other
5. Which 'C' is the name of the philosophical fable by Voltaire published in 1759?
6. What 'H' is an adjective, taken from the name of a Greek mythological hero, which means requiring great strength?
7. What 'J' is South America's largest wild cat?
8. What 'J' is the term used to describe all baby marsupials?
9. In Language, what 'A' is the repetition of the same Initial letter in two or more words close together?
10. What 'R' is the name given to a small carpet?
11. What 'C' is a dessert sauce usually made from pureed and sieved fruit?
12. What 'V' is both a girl's name and a creeper widely planted for the intense red autumn colouring of its leaves?
13. What 'M' is a general term for a poor dietary condition in which the body becomes too weak to function properly?
14. In human biology, what 'A' is word for a scraped area of skin, also known as a graze?
15. What 'N' is the name given to the egg of a louse, or other parasitic insects?
16. What 'i' is a triangle that has two sides of equal length?
17. What 'S' is a name commonly given to Dublin Bay prawns?
18. What 'B' was the name of the free-trade organisation formed by Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg in 1947?
19. What 'L' is the name given to land or property held by a tenant for a specified period?
20. What 'B' is the name of the species of tiger native to India?