1) Take the letters ERGRO. Put three letters in front of it, and the same three letters behind to form a common English word.
2) What number gives the same result when it is added to 1.5 as when it is multiplied by 1.5?
3) What do the words below have in common?
ADAM CLAIM GALL BUOY FOND RAMP
4) Which of the following words is the
IBIS IBEX ORYX SIKA ZEBU
5) Which of these numbers is the odd-one-out?
43 26 50 37 17 82
6) Rearrange the letters of the following phrase to give the name of a U.S. state:
VIEWING A STIR
7) Here is a quotation with all the spaces and vowels removed. What is the quotation?
8) The following number has a rather special characteristic. What makes it unique?