A download only charity compilation launches today to raise money for the relief efforts following the Earthquake in Haiti.
A message fromGav, who's behind it:
Upon arriving back in the UK last week at Heathrow (and being a little too wrapped up in seemingly important things like whether the plane would land in the snow or if my train would be running) I was immediately greeted and numbed by the horrific and shocking news reports that followed after the Haiti Earthquake. As the magnitude of the disaster continues to grow by the day, I was very keen (like most people) to do 'something'.
Thus The Haiti Project - a charity download album - was born. Within a few days of sending emails and calls to my nearest and dearest friends an album quite literally 'came together'.
The album is spearheaded by the anthemic debut track from The Sonic Graffiti, a new band from LA put together by Ginger, Billy Morrison, Michael Butler & Scott Lipps. The track entitled 'Mystery Number' was recorded at Matt Sorum's studio in August 2009 & was produced by the legendary Mike Clink.
I'd like to personally say a big thankyou to Ginger, Billy, Michael, Scott & Mike for donating this exclusive track, and allowing The Haiti Project to (hopefully) raise even more money.
As soon as we do, I would love for everyone to spread word around the internet world via their twitterings, facebookings, myspacings, bloggings and other 'ings'. Lets raise some money.
The Haiti Project tracklist:
1) The Sonic Graffiti Mystery Number (Exclusive)
2) Eureka Machines Being Good Is Ok, But Being Betters Better
3) Electric Six Newark Airport Boogie
4) Jackdaw 4 Jesus Wants My Soul Back
5) The Loyalties Sofa Surfin UK (Acoustic)
6) Antiproduct When We Find Love
7) The Organ Beats Happy Birthday/Come On Home8)
The Wildhearts Unbroken
9) Tragedy: All Metal Tribute To The Bee Gees Nights On Broadway
10) Radio Dead Ones Take It On Trust
11) Ricky Warwick Love Owes
12) Brijitte West (Feat. Jesse Malin) How To Be Good
13) Moi? This Is All That I Wanted
14) Laika Dog Piano Song
15) Sorry & The Sinatras Riverside
16) Children of The Unicorn Nightshark
The album costs just £5, and is available from MusicGlue/
16 songs for £5!? Oh Yes!
All of the money will be donated directly to the ongoing relief efforts and you'll end up with 16 great tracks. Good deal.http://www.facebook.com/thehaitiproject