found this online:
Please note - I accept NO responsibility for this SO YOU TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You can unlock your phone by following these instructions properly. I have done and it DOES work!
Follow these simple instructions -
I have sometimes ended up in German Language but the phone was unlocked
How to change from German to English
Menu --> Settings (Last Icon - 3rd Row -- 3rd Column)--> Language ( 3rd Line ) --> Text Language(Line1 -- Change to English) & Input Mode (Line2 -- Change to English)
1. First do a CUSTOM reset: *2767*2878# (star 2767 star 2878 hash) and then turn off the phone.
2. Take out the battery and sim and put wrong network SIM and insert a HALF of it,ie half in and half out and slip the battery in behind it. This is important so it won't ask for network password and shows "Insert SIM" message.
3. Now put the battery ,and switch the phone on (phone shows "Insert SIM" message).
4. Without turning off the phone, push the sim fully in. At this stage the phone is still asking to "Insert SIM"
5. Make a FULL reset by typing: *2767*3855# (star 2767 star 3855 hash)
6. The phone should reboot working with "wrong" sim inside.
7. Make a Change the NCK password to 8 zeros by typing: *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
(star 7465625 star 638 star 8zeros star 8zeros hash)
8. Now Disable network lock By typing: #7465625*638*00000000# (hash 7465625 star 638 star 8zeros hash)
9. You can check the unlock has worked by typing this in *#7465625# (star hash 7465625 hash) This gives you a menu that you can scroll through.
The only thing I would add to the above clear instructions is in step 4, what you need to do is with the phone on carefully lift the battery at the SIM end ensuring that you do not break the electrical contact with the phone at the other end. This gives you the bit of room to get a small flat headed screwdriver under the battery to push the half in SIM fully in.
Also on step 6: my phone took about 10 seconds to go from the full reset confirmation message to starting a reboot, so be a little patient between steps, it does not reboot instantaneously.