It's obvious that some of you have issues with Saverstore.com and are voting all Saverstore.com related posts cold. Obviously you're welcome to you opinions, but it's worth stating a few facts because opinions seem to have been formed on misinformation and hearsay.
1. Saverstore.com is owned by Globally Limited. A different company to Watford Electronics who owned Savastore. Yes, Globally Ltd now occupies the old Watford Electronics building, and yes a number of the previous management team are involved with Globally Ltd. That's what often happens when there's a management buy-out.
2. Had there not been a management buy-out, lots of people would be in a worse position than they are now. That goes for customers, suppliers and employees. The buy-out was the best option for everyone.
3. Prior to going into administration in Febuary 2007, Watford Electronics had traded for 35 years and hadn't previously gone bust - contrary to what people have posted on here.
4. Globally Ltd is not about to go bust. Note: to be selected by Google to take part in its £10 off £30+ orders, merchants had to satisfy very stringent conditions. Globally Ltd satisfied these and is financially and operationally sound.
5. Watford Electronics was forced into administration because it had its credit removed due to bad results posted by other players in the industry. Watford Electronics didn't charge customers until goods had been shipped (unlike others) and relied heavily on this credit. Without the credit, it became insolvent and had no choice but to enter administration.
6. No director of Watford Electronics is a director of Globally Ltd.
7. Globally Ltd has totally changed the business model to ensure better service.
8. At the end of the day, Globally Ltd is simply trying to offer customers the best possible products, at the best prices and with the best service. It's companies like Globally Ltd and websites like Saverstore.com that ensure the industry is competitive and that customers get good deals.
Feel free to rant and rave as much as you like. Hopefully we can set a few records straight.