Scare mail I got a while back - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

Scare mail I got a while back

The-Dude Avatar
8y, 4m agoPosted 8 years, 4 months ago
Next they'll tell us hamsters carry the flu virus...

This information is worth sharing

A stock clerk was sent to clean up a storeroom in Maui, Hawaii. When he got back, he was complaining that the storeroom was really filthy and that he had noticed dried mouse/rat droppings in some areas. A couple of days later, he started to feel like he was coming down with stomach flu, complained of sore joints and headaches, and began to vomit.

He went to bed and never really got up again. Within two days he was severely ill and weak. His blood sugar count was down to 66, and his face and eyeballs were yellow. He was rushed to the emergency at Pali-Momi, where he was diagnosed to be suffering from massive organ failure. He died shortly before midnight.

No one would have made the connection between his job and his death, had it not been for a doctor who specifically asked if he had been in a warehouse or exposed to dried rat/mouse dropping s at any time. They said there is a virus (much like the Hanta virus) that lives in dried rat and mouse droppings.

Once dried, these droppings are like dust and can easily be breathed in or ingested if a person does not wear protective gear or fails to wash face and hands thoroughly.

An autopsy was performed on the clerk to verify the doctor's suspicions.

This is why it is extremely important to ALWAYS carefully rinse off the tops of canned sodas or foods, and to wipe off pasta packaging, cereal boxes, and so on.

Almost everything you buy in a supermarket was stored in a warehouse at one time or another, and stores themselves often have rodents.

Most of us remember to wash vegetables and fruits but never think of boxes and cans.

The ugly truth is, even the most modern, upper-class, super store has rats and mice. And their warehouse most assuredly does!

Whenever you buy any canned soft drink, please make sure that you wash the top with running water and soap or, if that is not available, drink with a straw. The investigation of soda cans by the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta discovered that the tops of soda cans can be encrusted with dried rat's urine, which is so toxic it can be lethal. Canned drinks and other foodstuffs are stored in warehouses and containers that are usually infested with rodents, and then they get transported to retail outlets without being properly cleaned.
The-Dude Avatar
8y, 4m agoPosted 8 years, 4 months ago
Options

All Comments

(12) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
#1
.....
#2
And coke in a can always tastes the best as well! :x
#3
Come on, get real.

Most major retailers legally have to have adequate pest control (trust me on this), EVEN thier warehouses.

[quote /] The investigation of soda cans by the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta discovered that the tops of soda cans can be encrusted with dried rat's urine, which is so toxic it can be lethal. [/ quote]

Yeah right I'm sure the quantities are not high enough to cause serious (if any) illness.
#4
King of Thieves
And coke in a can always tastes the best as well! :x


That'll be due to the rats **** then :lol:

Seriously though, cans etc are stored in plastic in warehouses. Mind you, you should see some of that plastic, filth like you never knew :lol:
#5
similar happened to someone i know.he's an hgv driver and rats got into his cab.he had a heart attack but is ok now.doctor said it was because of the droppings.yuuucccckkkk !
#6
Wiles disease.

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45724&highlight=

Another reason to use a straw when drinking from a bottle on a night out.
#7
a man died in glasgow a few years ago after drinking a can of beer in a nightclub,it had rat pee on it
[mod]#8
http://www.petratscanada.com/photo_contest/september/any_nicole2.jpg
#10
IN any stock room ive been in the drinks are kept at least a foot off the floor and the packaging from the manufacturer wraps the tops of bottles and cans with plastic
#11
ettam123
a man died in glasgow a few years ago after drinking a can of beer in a nightclub,it had rat pee on it


:lol: :w00t:

goonertillidie
http://www.shengis.net/hukdpics/rat.jpg
[mod]#12
Shengis
:lol: :w00t:


very good lol :thumbsup:

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!