Silly question re internet cable. - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

Silly question re internet cable.

m18gfc Avatar
6y, 1m agoPosted 6 years, 1 month ago
Morning All,

I'm after a new cable that connects the internet from my virgin box to my laptop. Is it called an ethernet cable?

I know it's really obvious!

m18gfc Avatar
6y, 1m agoPosted 6 years, 1 month ago

All Comments

(4) Jump to unreadPost a comment
1 Like #1
Yes it is called an Ethernet Cable. Sometimes called a Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable. Cat 6 can cope with faster speeds - but Cat 5 is suitable for the majority of routers.

The Plugs/connectors on the ends of the cable are known as RJ-45 plugs.

Hope this helps.
1 Like #2
Yep, that's the puppy
Thanks guys. Terrific!
Thanks guys. Terrific!
Dont be talked into paying high prices for a 'special' cable, a 5m cat 5 should not be more than a few quid

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!