Sixty Amazing-but-True Facts!
( somehow i dont think they are all true...............read on! )
* In the weightlessness of space a frozen pea will explode
if it comes in contact with Pepsi.
* The increased electricity used by modern appliances is
causing a shift in the Earths magnetic field. By the year 2327, the
North Pole will be located in mid-Kansas, while the South Pole will be
just off the coast of East Africa.
* The idea for tribbles in Star Trek came from
gerbils, since some gerbils are actually born pregnant.
* Male rhesus monkeys often hang from tree branches by
their amazing prehensile penises.
* Johnny Plessey batted .331 for the Cleveland Spiders in
1891, even though he spent the entire season batting with a rolled-up,
lacquered copy of the Toledo Post-Dispatch.
* Smearing a small amount of dog feces on an insect bite
will relieve the itching and swelling.
* The Boeing 747 is capable of flying upside-down if it
werent for the fact that the wings would shear off when trying to roll
* The trucking company Elvis Presley worked at as a young
man was owned by Frank Sinatra.
* The only golf course on the island of Tonga has 15
holes, and theres no penalty if a monkey steals your golf ball.
* Legislation passed during WWI making it illegal to say
gesundheit to a sneezer was never repealed.
* Manatees possess vocal chords which give them the
ability to speak like humans, but dont do so because they have no ears
with which to hear the sound.
* SCUBA divers cannot pass gas at depths of 33 feet or
* Catfish are the only animals that naturally have an ODD
number of whiskers.
* Replying more than 100 times to the same piece of spam
e-mail will overwhelm the senders system and interfere with their
ability to send any more spam.
* Polar bears can eat as many as 86 penguins in a single
* The first McDonalds restaurant opened for business in
1952 in Edinburgh, Scotland, and featured the McHaggis sandwich