SPOOKY! - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

SPOOKY!

ODB_69 Avatar
banned8y, 6m agoPosted 8 years, 6 months ago
About time!

Britain's X-Files, that include hundreds of sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects, have been opened to the public for the first time.

The documents released at the National Archives in Kew, include sightings recorded by Ministry of Defence staff of an alien craft over Wallasey Town Hall and a saucer-shaped UFO hovering over Waterloo Bridge.

Some sightings are easily explained, such as the one submitted by drinkers at The Walnut Tree near Tunbridge Wells in 1982. They repeatedly reported seeing sightings of red and green flashing lights in the sky above the pub.

When quizzed on the location of the strange lights, they said they were seen, on each occasion, in the direction of Gatwick airport.

The power of suggestion also seems to have had a strong influence on what people see in the sky, with the number of reports doubling after the release of Steven Speilberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind in 1977.

But some of the reports come from more reliable sources. There is a report from two police officers in April 1984 who responded to a call from members of the public in Stanmore who claimed to have seen a UFO.

The officers saw the object and described it as circular, with a dome on the top and bottom, with multi-coloured lights.

Another report taken in 1984 dispels the myth that sightings are only seen in isolated areas, after numerous witnesses on Waterloo Bridge in London report seeing a saucer-shaped UFO.

Nick Pope, who worked for the Ministry of Defence for 21 years and was responsible for investigating the sightings, said: "While there's no evidence of little green men in these files, they should be of immense interest to sceptics and believers.

"Most of the UFO sightings here are probably misidentifications of aircraft lights and meteors, but some are more difficult to explain, and include UFOs seen by police officers and pilots, and cases where UFOs have been tracked on radar."

But the documents show the MoD was not investigating the possibility of visitors from outer space making a stop at Earth.

Defence intelligence staff were more interested in checking that UFOs were not in fact signs of earthly covert spying missions by other countries.

An MoD memo from 1983 says: "The sole interest of the Ministry of Defence in UFO reports is to establish whether they reveal anything of defence interest (eg intruding aircraft)."

The note goes on to say there are adequate explanations for the phenomenon, including space junk burning up in the atmosphere, unusual cloud formations and meteorological balloons.

Eight files have been released after a Freedom of Information request by UFO researchers. Over the next four years more than 150 files will be thrown open.
ODB_69 Avatar
banned8y, 6m agoPosted 8 years, 6 months ago
Options

All Comments

(11) Jump to unreadPost a comment
Comments/page:
#1
Finally, the truth is out - I always telling people I was probed! I just get laughed at.
banned#2
MinstrelMan;2094277
Finally, the truth is out - I always telling people I was probed! I just get laughed at.

I know, probes are shocking.....poking you where things are only supposed to come out....shocking.....they don't even ask first?! :-D
#3
All UFOs are just that unidentified until someone identifies them. 99% are explainable, the other 1% are figments of the imagination.
The myth of UFOs, alien abductions, and close encounters has been prevalent in modern society for years. Television shows such as The X-Files and movies like Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the Alien quadrilogy, and Signs perpetuate a myth that has no concrete scientific support. Abduction stories have been spread for years and yet no evidence remains to provide any proof. Many explanations exist to understand the phenomenon of UFO sightings and alleged abductions. For example, from 1948 to 1969 an investigation called Project Blue Book hoped to prove or disprove the existence of UFOs, investigating hundreds of reports each year. The result of the project was a definite conclusion that no evidence exists of extraterrestrials or UFOs.
http://www.msu.edu/~evanszac/activities/paradox.htm
#4
I don't want to talk about it :p
banned#5
So out of the billions of planets in the cosmos....we are the only life? As if!
Predikuesi;2094626
All UFOs are just that unidentified until someone identifies them. 99% are explainable, the other 1% are figments of the imagination.
http://www.msu.edu/~evanszac/activities/paradox.htm

Not all of it has to be intelligent, bugs, germs, etc....its completely impossible life isn't found somewhere else, its only mans arrogance that says otherwise....well, that and the church
1 Like #6
ODB_69
So out of the billions of planets in the cosmos....we are the only life? As if!

Not all of it has to be intelligent, bugs, germs, etc....its completely impossible life isn't found somewhere else, its only mans arrogance that says otherwise....well, that and the church


quite true,
i think statistically speaking the chances of life developling on earth alone out of the millions of galaxies in sight is highly unlikely
banned#7
I stand corrected!

VATICAN CITY - Believing that the universe may contain alien life does not contradict a faith in God, the Vatican's chief astronomer said in an interview published Tuesday.
The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, was quoted as saying the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.
"How can we rule out that life may have developed elsewhere?" Funes said. "Just as we consider earthly creatures as 'a brother,' and 'sister,' why should we not talk about an 'extraterrestrial brother'? It would still be part of creation."
In the interview by the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes said that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures. Ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom, he said.
The interview, headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother," covered a variety of topics including the relationship between the Roman Catholic Church and science, and the theological implications of the existence of alien life.
Funes said science, especially astronomy, does not contradict religion, touching on a theme of Pope Benedict XVI, who has made exploring the relationship between faith and reason a key aspect of his papacy.
The Bible "is not a science book," Funes said, adding that he believes the Big Bang theory is the most "reasonable" explanation for the creation of the universe. The theory says the universe began billions of years ago in the explosion of a single, super-dense point that contained all matter.
But he said he continues to believe that "God is the creator of the universe and that we are not the result of chance."
Funes urged the church and the scientific community to leave behind divisions caused by Galileo's persecution 400 years ago, saying the incident has "caused wounds."
In 1633 the astronomer was tried as a heretic and forced to recant his theory that the Earth revolved around the sun. Church teaching at the time placed Earth at the center of the universe.
"The church has somehow recognized its mistakes," he said. "Maybe it could have done it better, but now it's time to heal those wounds and this can be done through calm dialogue and collaboration."
Pope John Paul declared in 1992 that the ruling against Galileo was an error resulting from "tragic mutual incomprehension."
The Vatican Observatory has been at the forefront of efforts to bridge the gap between religion and science. Its scientist-clerics have generated top-notch research and its meteorite collection is considered one of the world's best.
The observatory, founded by Pope Leo XIII in 1891, is based in Castel Gandolfo, a lakeside town in the hills outside Rome where the pope has a summer residence. It also conducts research at an observatory at the University of Arizona, in Tucson.
#8
I dont see how someone can believe in the big bang theory and that god created earth in 7 days (or however many it was) at the same time..... both theorys totally contredict each other, but then were heading into religious debate.

damn scientists with there pesky evidence eh?
banned#9
to be honest only read 2 lines from it, but I agree....Can't believe Science if you believe God and vice-versa
#10
MinstrelMan
I dont see how someone can believe in the big bang theory and that god created earth in 7 days (or however many it was) at the same time..... both theorys totally contredict each other, but then were heading into religious debate.

damn scientists with there pesky evidence eh?


maybe the big bang was god having a dump? lol
#11
i live near stanmore woop
might get abducted any day soon! lol

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!