Always wanted to say that, been in journalism for 10 years and the only thing that has stopped the press is a breakdown
Anyway Register your Nikon SLRs , COOLPIX compacts & Coolscan film scanners bought after 1st July 2007 to get a 2 year warranty - found it on their website, havn't had an e-mail about it so thought it was worth posting
step 1 - go here http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nikoneurope_en.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php
step 2 - create a profile and add your products , then press OK. Make sure you give correct details as it may cause problems if a repair is needed
step 3 - click my subscriptions and tick the special offers box then click OK
it should then say - Special offers (free 2nd yr warranty extension on qualifying cameras)
you now have 2 years warranty. If like me bough the D40x for the cashback you will have already registered just do step 3
not valid for grey imports / lenses or purchases made before July 1st 2007
- taken from the website
A few minutes of your time for a year of ours
Nikon UK is delighted to announce the introduction of a two year warranty as standard on all camera bodies. The warranty includes the whole range of cameras from COOLPIX through to DSLRs and will commence from 1st September 2007. This extended warranty is available to all Nikon customers whether they are novice or professional users.
To take advantage of the extended warranty customers are required to register their product within 30 days of purchase. The camera must also have been purchased from 1st July 2007 and have been distributed by Nikon UK.
To register your product online please visit http://www.nikon.co.uk/register
(select to receive special offers under subscriptions on your account profile) or complete the in-box warranty slip (available from 17th September) or telephone 0800 408 5060.
Notes to editor:
- This extended warranty will also be available to customers who purchased a camera on or after 1st July 2007 when they register their product.
- When making a warranty claim customers must provide proof of purchase, European warranty (provided in box) and extended warranty certificate (which will be received after registering within the welcome pack).
- As this is a UK initiative it is only supported by authorised UK repair facilities.
- All lenses and accessories will continue to have the advantage of a one year warranty.
- In addition customers will have the opportunity to purchase an additional year which will allow them to receive a three year warranty. This three year warranty will have the added benefit of covering the customer for accidental damage and theft for the whole three years of the warranty.
- The two and three year warranties are managed on behalf of Nikon by Homeserve.
this is not a hot deal according to the mod judge for yourself