T-Mobile can't be bothered to update the Nokia 5800 with the newer V40.0.005 firmware which was released by Nokia on around 13th January 2010. I and many others have paid close to £200 for this phone but T-Mobile just can't be bothered to get new update from Nokia and put their logos, wallpapers etc on it and release it to us, even though it brings the following new features:
* Kinectic Scrolling everywhere except: main menu, application menu, browser
* Homescreen similar to that of 5530 with 20 contacts.
* Removed the alphanumeric keypad in landscape version, now when we turned the phone alphanumeric portrait changes to full Qwerty
* New screen alarm, but only when the screen is locked
* Contacts installed
* Improved application Updating Applications, which also renames Upgrade SW;
* The application Data transfer was also implemented in Settings
* Real Player Updated to 12 October 2009
* Touch more responsive
* Improved stability
I've already opened a topic about this issue on the T-mobile support forum but again, they can't be bothered to even reply. So instead, I've sent them an angry e-mail stating they should release the update soon.
If you have this phone on T-mobile, doesn't matter what colour it is: red, blue, black, navi, chrome, please send them your own angry e-mail to their customer relations department on the e-mail below:
If you try to update from the phone using over-the-air or using a PC connection it will say the latest update is V31.0.101. However, this obviously isn't true as the latest update is V40.0.005.