Tax Refund Help - HotUKDeals
We use cookie files to improve site functionality and personalisation. By continuing to use HUKD, you accept our cookie and privacy policy.
Get the HUKD app free at Google Play

Search Error

An error occurred when searching, please try again!

Login / Sign UpSubmit

Tax Refund Help

rossg91 Avatar
6y, 7m agoPosted 6 years, 7 months ago

Just looking for a bit of advice! Last tax year April 2009 - 2010 I think I may have been paying tax when i was under the earnings threshold

In total I earned £6408.83

I started off working doing a modern apprenticeship and was paid in April and May 09 but during the summer I wasn't paid as this was part of the contract.

I then went back in after the break and some of us were told we were no longer needed! I then claimed jobseekers allowance for 2 months until I found my current job

Basically I have been paying tax on roughly 5k that I have recieved from my current job

Am I entitled to a tax refund??

Cheers in advance for your help!
rossg91 Avatar
6y, 7m agoPosted 6 years, 7 months ago

All Comments

(4) Jump to unreadPost a comment
I know this is an obvious answer but phone them and find out. They'll be the best people to advise you.
There is a personal allowance of £6475 p/a so yes, you should not have incoe tax payable on your earnings and are entitled to a tax rebate.
what does your P60 or P45 say?

remember that JSA income gets added to your taxable income.
from what i know you need to get a p60 from your employers

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just enter your email address. We'll keep it private.

...OR log in with your social account

...OR comment using your social account

Thanks for your comment! Keep it up!
We just need to have a quick look and it will be live soon.
The community is happy to hear your opinion! Keep contributing!