Check your food labels for these dangerous additives:
1. Propyl Gallate - found in vegetable oil, meat products, chewing gum and more. May cause cancer.
2. BHA and BHT - found in cereals, chewing gum, potato chips, and more. Have been found to cause cancer in rats.
3. Potassium Bromate - found in breads and rolls. Has been shown to cause cancer.
4. MSG - found in soups, salad dressings, sausages, canned tuna, and more. May be linked to sudden cardiac death.
5. Aspartame - found in Equal and NutraSweet, along with products that contain them. Has been found to cause lymphomas, leukemia, and brain tumors in rats.
6. Acesulfame-K - found in baked goods, gelatin desserts, sodas, and more. Has been found to cause thyroid problems and cancer in rats
7. Olestra - found in crackers and potato chips marketed under the brand name Olean. Can cause diarrhea and abdominal cramps as well as reduce the body's ability to absorb certain key nutrients.
8. Sodium Nitrate - found in bacon, ham, hot dogs, smoked fish, and more. Can lead to the formation of cancer-causing chemicals called nitrosamines.
9. Hydrogenated vegetable oil - the process used to make this type of oil create trans fats, which can lead to heart disease and diabetes.
10. Blue 1 and Blue 2 - Found in candy, beverage, and more. Have been found to cause cancer in mice.
11. Red 3 - found in sweetened cherries and baked goods. Causes thyroid tumors in rats.
12. Yellow 6 - found in baked goods, gelatin, sausages, and more. Has been found to cause kidney tumors.